What ongoing thread do you never look at?

Baseball Hot Stove League and other sports threads

BFT

Andrew Hill signs with Blue Note for third time

Name Three People

Hard Bossa

Funny Rat

Emusic

Happy Birthday to people I haven't seen post in months

Maureen Dowd

This list makes me feel like a curmudgeon!

Add what Vinyl / Mosaic are you spinning and that is my list, too.

Except Funny Rat, which is rather easy to drop in on, I find.

What are you listening to right now

Grateful Dead corner (big turnoff for me)

Another Idol Season (ditto)

Your audio equipment

Funny Rat

Sexiest album covers (I would, but it takes too long to load on a dialup <_< )

There are many more, but these are the ones that I found on the list of recently active topics (had to refresh my memory)

I think I've looked at most of them at least once, but have little or no interest in these...

Grateful Dead Corner - not a fan

Idol - not a fan

Name Three People - I missed out early on

What "classical" music....

Yourmusic.com corner and BMG

Jandek

Funny Rat - I used to check this out on a regular basis, but it's so damn big now and way over my head.

Sun Ra

Name Three People

Grateful Dead thread - They became part of my past in about 1970 or so.

Political threads (almost any) - I have enough anger and frustration. I don't need to get any more stirred up by reading about W. and his gang.

I have actually started reading the Funny Rat thread from the beginning. I'm up to 40 pages now - some interesting posts, in addition to some which mean little or nothing to me. I do have to say that I don't understand why people would want to isolate certain types of music from the rest of the Board. It's all music.

Guest akanalog

well funny rat works well with the site search feature because the musician or album you are looking for info on might be hidden somewhere in that avant tidal wave and if you can pinpoint where you need to jump in, you might enjoy it. though that isn't the same as looking at the thread on a regular basis.

i am not a fan of the what are you listening to right now thread because it doesn't seem to often generate discussion. which i guess isn't the point, but i would be more interested if people discussed the album they or anyone else was listening to at the moment.

i would be more interested if people discussed the album they or anyone else was listening to at the moment.

Amen!

That's when you search for a thread on the artist and start a new thread if one doesn't already exist. :rfr

I'm sure there are a variety of reasons why some don't look at the "Name Three People" thread. I have no problem with that, with some not liking games, or with it being popular among only a relatively small group of members. But after reading some of the comments here, I thought I'd mention a few things. It's just a game, just for fun/challenge/humor/improvisation/etc, and there's no "insider" quality to it, and absolutely no need to have gotten in on the ground floor (in fact, some of the most active players lately have been a couple of brand new members). Post #1 explained it, and after that it's been a free for all. It's basically "new" all the time (baked fresh daily? ^_^ ), so anybody can jump in (or out) anytime.

End of spam. :lol:

I read threads about topics I have no interest in. Like "Idol" or "24." I've never watched an episode.

I read threads reviewing albums I'll probably not hear for years if ever. I read the three people thread which is often listing people I've never heard of. I read the curling thread.

B00005R1MF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg