NFL chat thread

"Tom Brady, if you're listening, take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up"

- Rodney Harrison, apparently made after Brady tried to get a call (and did) against T. Suggs in tonight's game for roughing the passer.

Apparently there wasn't much of foul - I didn't see the play, so dunno. Interesting for him to call out his former teammate though!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tom Brady, if you're listening, take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up"

- Rodney Harrison, apparently made after Brady tried to get a call (and did) against T. Suggs in tonight's game for roughing the passer.

Apparently there wasn't much of foul - I didn't see the play, so dunno. Interesting for him to call out his former teammate though!

I'd take Tom Brady and points against your wimpy Romo any day, Aggie.

Where's Jessica Simpson when you need her, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you think this is me criticizing Brady, or what it has to do with the Cowboys. :blink: That was former Brady teammate Rodney Harrison that said that tonight on the air. I found it interesting/amusing.

I'd take Brady over Romo any day of the week, personally too. Romo happens to be the best QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman, though he seems to have regressed this season with a substandard WR corps though. I blame that on GM Jerry Jones.

I'm not sure why you think this is me criticizing Brady, or what it has to do with the Cowboys. :blink: That was former Brady teammate Rodney Harrison that said that tonight on the air. I found it interesting/amusing.

I'd take Brady over Romo any day of the week, personally too. Romo happens to be the best QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman, though he seems to have regressed this season with a substandard WR corps though. I blame that on GM Jerry Jones.

I'm not sure why you would think I had.

Maybe it had something to do with this:

Romo didn't look good at all again. Overthrows, sacks, an interception, and a fumble that gave the Broncs an easy TD.

Romo is the only QB the Ca'boys have and don't even mention his name in the same breath as Troy Aikman.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Oooookay.

Not sure what your point is, still. I criticized Romo for his poor performance. I criticized Jerry Jones for not doing a better job getting some decent WRs.

You don't want me mentioning Romo and Aikman in the same sentence? :huh:

I told you I'd take Brady over Romo too, all things being equal.

So what point are you actually trying to make?

Bucs are awful. They've pretty much run out of players who have some remote idea about how to play QB. It's week 4. ... Snap-and-panic seems to be the offensive scheme. They might as well go to the Wildcat, triple-option deal.

0-16 may be possible. Creamsicle anyone?

Well it's a typical statement from Rodney Harrison. He has decried the rules which protect quarterbacks for several years now. As for Brady's stance on the issue: he feels a defender shouldn't have the right to hit an quarterback in a vulnerable position after he has thrown the ball. Suggs got flagged on what is now known as the "Tom Brady rule" which penalizes a defender for going low on the quarterback after he had thrown the ball. It was the correct call.

What do I think of the rule? I don't know. I get frustrated over penalties too and I want to see good aggressive defense. I also don't like to see my team's starting quarterback go down for the rest of the season either. We know where Rodney Harrison stands on the issue.

In the meantime, anyone notice the new leader of the Patriot secondary: Brandon Merriweather? The guy is playing like a pro bowler and will no doubt be one by either this year or next.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Well maybe Rodney wasn't entirely serious, though I bet he still isn't happy with the rules:

Former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison caught the attention of Patriots fans during NBC's "Sunday Night Football" broadcast when he touched on roughing-the-passer penalties against Tom Brady and told Brady: "Take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up."

Harrison smiled widely after making the remarks. He was joking.

Harrison said late Sunday night in a phone conversation that he texted Brady before making the remarks, telling him he was going to give him a hard time.

Not everyone took Harrison's remarks as a joke, but Harrison wanted to make it clear Sunday night: He was having fun with Brady.

Cleveland Clowns--I mean Browns--heading right to a top 3 pick in 2010 draft. Bucs and Rams may be even worse right now.

What a way for the Patriots to start off a new NFL season. First five games against undefeated teams.

game 1 Bills (0-0)

game 2 Jets (1-0)

game 3 Falcons (2-0)

game 4 Ravens (3-0)

game 5 Broncos (4-0)

You really are gonna count week 1?

Lol

Actually, I didn't come up with the idea. Other people have posted this on football blogs. I'm merely passing it on. Anyway, the schedule speaks for itself. Doesn't get any easier later on either, but I'm not complaining. The team is strong enough to beat allcomers. We'll see.

More stuff from the Clowns:

Braylon Edwards faces assault accusation

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2009 12:56 PM ET

The man who has shown that he can't catch a pass has proven that he can throw a punch.

Allegedly.

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Browns wideout Braylon Edwards is accused of assaulting Edward Givens at the View Night Club at 2:30 a.m. ET Monday.

A Cleveland-area event promoter, Givens explained the situation to the Plain Dealer: "After the club closed, I was outside greeting and saying goodbye to people. Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me. He said if it wasn't for LeBron [James] or the Four Horsemen, I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron. So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. I have a black eye and a cut. I'm not a violent guy.

"As long as I've known Braylon, I've allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me."

So, basically, Cleveland apparently isn't big enough for Braylon and LeBron. It shouldn't be a problem for long. At the rate he's currently playing, Braylon will only have about 12 more games there.

Per the Plain Dealer, simple assault cases are not investigated by police. Instead, the victim must file a complaint directly with the prosecutor.

Cleveland Clowns--I mean Browns--heading right to a top 3 pick in 2010 draft. Bucs and Rams may be even worse right now.

After taking Bengwads to OT, I think the Browns are starting to improve somewhat and have a good chance of escaping the bottom 3. The Rams look unspeakably bad, and Bucs also seem horrible. After surprising me with a victory, the Rai-Duhs seem to be regressing to their standard abysmal form, and may make a run at the bottom 3.

Oooookay.

Not sure what your point is, still. I criticized Romo for his poor performance. I criticized Jerry Jones for not doing a better job getting some decent WRs.

Huh?

You criticized Romo then blasted me because I pointed that out to you. Then you bag on me because you criticized Romo. WTF? :blink:

My advice: Read your own posts before getting on me about them, OK?

My point: Romo couldn't carry Troy Aikman's shoes.

And I seriously think a trip to the optometrist could benefit you greatly. No offense.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Oooookay.

Huh?

You criticized Romo then blasted me because I pointed that out to you. Then you bag on me because you criticized Romo. WTF? :blink:

And I seriously think a trip to the optometrist could benefit you greatly. No offense.

Dude, you came out of nowhere (post 2452 in this thread) to criticize my post about Rodney Harrison and Tom Brady. Talk about revisionist history here.

Why did you feel the need to point out to me that I criticized Romo in the first place? I know what I was typing. Am I not allowed to criticize Romo or something?

I'm not getting on you about *MY* posts either, as you state. You are the one that responded to me with comments that made no sense.

I've never said Romo was better than Aikman either, despite your apparent attmpt to make it look like I'm saying that.

I'm still not sure what you're point was in responding to my Harrison/Brady comment in the first place, and then turning it into a Romo discussion.

I think the Cowboys offense cost them the game today, not the defense - though the defense really couldn't get a stop when it needed to late.

Romo didn't look good at all again. Overthrows, sacks, an interception, and a fumble that gave the Broncs an easy TD.

True dat. The Cowboys offense wore out the Cowboys defense. They simply ran out of gas, aloowing the Broncos two touchdowns on two straight possessions.

Coincidentally I was flying from Denver to Dallas while this game was on. I watched most of the fourth quarter while waiting for my flight at DFW. Great game, great win for the Broncos. Romo is really have a tough year- a few great plays overshadowed by a few awful plays.

Oooookay.

Huh?

Dude, you came out of nowhere (post 2452 in this thread) to criticize my post about Rodney Harrison and Tom Brady. Talk about revisionist history here.

Why did you feel the need to point out to me that I criticized Romo in the first place? I know what I was typing. Am I not allowed to criticize Romo or something?

I'm not getting on you about *MY* posts either, as you state. You are the one that responded to me with comments that made no sense.

I've never said Romo was better than Aikman either, despite your apparent attmpt to make it look like I'm saying that.

I'm still not sure what you're point was in responding to my Harrison/Brady comment in the first place, and then turning it into a Romo discussion.

And you made a big, giant deal about it.

Maybe you need to just back it off a little bit, eh?