NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys are looking pretty crappy tonight. Romo doesn't have much spark tonight, though at least he hasn't thrown an INT yet.

The defense doesn't seem to know how to tackle, either. I think Wade Phillips' time in charge is winding down.

I didn't like T.O. and was glad to see him go, but they don't have a good WR corps right now, either. Gave up too much for Roy Williams, who is a better #2 WR than #1. Bad decision by Jerrah, which is going to cost them a few wins this year.

Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork, and Jerod Mayo are all game time decisions for the Pats versus Baltimore tomorrow. I'll be happy if two out of the three can go. Excited to see Welker and Edelman play in the same game. Plus Moss!

That should be a good game, will be interesting to see how Baltimore fares in that one, they are looking pretty tough so far.

Nice win for the Broncos.

I think the Cowboys offense cost them the game today, not the defense - though the defense really couldn't get a stop when it needed to late.

Romo didn't look good at all again. Overthrows, sacks, an interception, and a fumble that gave the Broncs an easy TD.

I thought Baltimore had a shot at New England due to momentum/injuries. I should have changed that pick late last night like I had the inkling to. Didn't expect Miami to kick the snot out of Buffalo like that, and I thought Tennessee would man up and get in the win column, but should have known not to go against my boy the former UCLA Bruin Maurice Jones-Drew. Dallas looked mediocre as it was and really didn't need to be down to their third string running back. Glad I didn't watch the Raiders, I think I'll make a habit of it.

The 49ers squash out the Rammies 35-0 :g

Maybe it's safe to hope for a winning season again in SF.

3-1 and Mike Singletary ROCKS!

Go Niners!

I'm pulling for SF. U have no idea how much I wish you weren't a fan.

Now WTF is that crack all about, Chuck?

You live in Michigan, fer crissakes.....and I have never said squat about you like that. Whatever, man. I see how it is.

Wow.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I thought Baltimore had a shot at New England due to momentum/injuries. I should have changed that pick late last night like I had the inkling to. Didn't expect Miami to kick the snot out of Buffalo like that, and I thought Tennessee would man up and get in the win column, but should have known not to go against my boy the former UCLA Bruin Maurice Jones-Drew. Dallas looked mediocre as it was and really didn't need to be down to their third string running back. Glad I didn't watch the Raiders, I think I'll make a habit of it.

Probably a good thing, Jon....Raiders looked pretty bad today.

My Connecticut born wife, however, was very glad about the Patriots win :cool::tup

I think the Cowboys offense cost them the game today, not the defense - though the defense really couldn't get a stop when it needed to late.

Romo didn't look good at all again. Overthrows, sacks, an interception, and a fumble that gave the Broncs an easy TD.

True dat. The Cowboys offense wore out the Cowboys defense. They simply ran out of gas, aloowing the Broncos two touchdowns on two straight possessions.

My Connecticut born wife, however, was very glad about the Patriots win :cool::tup

Why does it matter where you are from? I've never been to Connecticut or Massachusettes, but I've been a Pats fan since the mid 70s when I lived in South Jersey.

I'm also pleased with the Pats win today. They were up 17-7 and dominating the game when Suggs hits Brady and they jump on the ball in the endzone for a touchdown. Ravens ended up by making a game out of it, but I had no doubt that NE was going to win. Wait till this offense jells, folks. It will be scary!

Why does it matter where you are from? I've never been to Connecticut or Massachusettes, but I've been a Pats fan since the mid 70s when I lived in South Jersey.

It matters when, as a Native Californian, people need to know why my wife would root for an Eastern team. There is this place called the West Coast. Heard of it?

We don't root for Eastern teams unless there is a reason to. Dig?

Besides, it was a lighthearted musing. No big deal.

Why that is a problem and why that matters is beyond my comprehension.

Pardon my sensibilities.

Edited by GoodSpeak