CHEWY FOUND SUNSET EYES

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

the bad thing is people have started to wear them again...awful . A little like when they try reselling bell bottom trousers ...yuk! Get the message they were awful!

I had a tank top actually when I was a kid that was knitted with a nice large telephone design ...I was of course mortally bullied for it and spent years in therapy afterwards so that whole thing is just a bit feaky to see on you tube again...should act as like a warning :)

• 1 month later...

Teddy Edwards sextet playing Edwards' composition 'Cellar Dweller' in 1964. Freddy Hill on trumpet, Richard Boone on trombone, John Houston on piano...

What a great video :tup . Thanks for posting that, Brownie!

Peter

Great! That fleeting shot of the drummer at the end looked like the reat Ron Jefferson; anyone know?

MG

Great! That fleeting shot of the drummer at the end looked like the reat Ron Jefferson; anyone know?

MG

Certainly not! Ron Jefferson was nowhere near great!

He was a heavyhanded drummer relying on simple formulas.

Had the misfortune of running into him on several occasions when he was in Paris in the mid-sixties. Not only was he a lousy drummer, he was also an obnoxious person!

A musician to avoid!

What psychological malady has someone referring to themselves in the 3rd person all the time?

:D

Its technical term is RickeyHendersonItis.

Ricky was at the Mets training camp last week, practically begging the minor leaguers to let him sign an autograph, and was quoted as saying "its OK - Rickey will sign for you."

MG

Had the misfortune of running into him on several occasions when he was in Paris in the mid-sixties. Not only was he a lousy drummer, he was also an obnoxious person!

A musician to avoid!

I always loved hs work with Les McCann.

MG

• 3 months later...

OK now this is going to be a very naive question...

These clips are in copyright (for sure) and from an in print DVD (I think). Right? So why is it OK to post links to video material but not to audio? Am I missing something? Is video fair game but audio not?

It isn't OK but it costs too much to protect the copyright. That is the big flaw in the law. One would think if you paid the government for a copyright, they would prosecute on your behalf but that is not the way it is.

There are dozens of "blogs" out there now offering downloads of current material for free. Legal fees to stop this are more than the companies can make from legal issues. The thieves are taking advantage of this situation.

These clips are in copyright (for sure) and from an in print DVD (I think). Right? So why is it OK to post links to video material but not to audio? Am I missing something? Is video fair game but audio not?

It isn't OK but it costs too much to protect the copyright. That is the big flaw in the law. One would think if you paid the government for a copyright, they would prosecute on your behalf but that is not the way it is.

Since there is criminal law in place even for non-commercial infringements , it is not that the government cannot prosecute , but that they seemingly will not enforce the law . The present environment is somewhat akin to Prohibition .

There are dozens of "blogs" out there now offering downloads of current material for free. Legal fees to stop this are more than the companies can make from legal issues. The thieves are taking advantage of this situation.

The only infringers at risk it would seem are the 'volume' ones for two reasons . First , potential damage awards are large enough to justify a civil action , and second , multiple copyright holders are likely to have standing , meaning , that the financial bar to litigation can be removed through use of contingent-fee class-action suits . Google's YouTube is currently facing just such a class-action suit .

what dvd is this?

what dvd is this?

This one:

6310.jpg

MG

A musician to avoid!

Yeah, I heard he was a jerk too.