Did The RVG Thread Get Deleted?

catesta

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of got the impression that Kevin didn't like Greg but stood up for him because he thought he'd been wronged. Greg brought all this on himself.There have been numerous differences of opinions here and there is not a thing wrong with that but Greg obviously and repeatedly crossed the line and while I disagree with Kevin I do respect him for standing up for someone who to put it mildly is not easy to like. It's unfortunate that Kevin chose to handle things in the way he did but I personally bear no ill will towards him and I hope he comes back.

Hey, one fuquitous act deserves another. We just need to have somebody, anybody, register as "Kevin Breshnan", and then all they have to do is cut and paste every relevant and/or intersting post he makes elsewhere into the forums here.

Simple as that.

(BTW, I owe the guy a big favor, for personal reasons, but defending his actions here is not how I'm going to choose to repay it.)

• 3 weeks later...

I always believed that Kevin quoted Michael ONLY because he wanted us to know that he had a credible source that that what he relayed to us could be counted on to be as accurate as possible. I never thought there was any other motivation than that.

I always looked forward to Kevin's updates.

I felt this way, too. By the way, I have had emails from Michael. So have hundreds of others.

I will name-drop now: I once met Eddie Condon, and I still have the autograph, which says, "Hooray for you, Shrdlu!".

Anyways ....

Getting back to the original point, a list of upcoming RVGs, this list is now here, and my thanks to whoever it was who re-posted it - it's about 10 pages back and I've forgotten!

I was wondering whether to dig deep and order the JRVG of "Goin' West", and this list has saved me the trouble, and money. :) (I would have ordered the JRVG if the domestic was going to be a McMaster Connoisseur rather than an RVG.)

Obviously, the latest JRVGs will be sonically the same as the domestic ones, because they now include tracks that were not on the original LPs. (The Green one included, according to a reliable source.)