Did The RVG Thread Get Deleted?

catesta

I have been unable to locate the thread Kevin B started a long time ago discussing upcoming RVG's. I thought it started out with something like "I just talked to Michael Cuscuna."

Did someone delete it, perhaps Kevin?

I was trying to find out if "Ready For Freddie" was on the list for the US anytime soon.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched all the threads in this forum and it was about a 25 page thread. It's no longer there so I think that when he got mad at the moderators, he deleted it. Too bad. That's a very valuable resource. Perhaps b-3er can help out in finding it. I don't know if he can resuscitate it.

Well, its a really spiteful thing to do if Kevin chose to delete that particular thread. Or did he do it because of Chris A.'s giving him a hard time about "dropping" Michael's name? Anyway, if he did indeed delete the thread before leaving, I think it shows he has no intention of coming back. Because if he does, he'll need to explain his actions.

In the meantime, I hope he and Greg are very happy over there. If he thinks AAJ can match this board for cameraderie, atmosphere or general sense of fun, he is sadly mistaken!

Wow. I'm really surprised. There was a lot of good information in that thread. If Kevin did in fact delete it, I have lost any respect I had left for him. I hope that is not the case.

This brings up another issue. I think we should not be able to delete our own threads. If we want to have them deleted, we should have to contact the admins. Maybe that would make people think twice before posting something in the heat of the moment as well.

Here is the information you were looking for from Kevin's post. What happened to Kevin? Somehow I seemed to have missed all of that. If he is no longer posting here I think it is unfortunate. I looked forward to his contributions and hope that he will continue to visit this board.

Just got an E-mail from Michael listing the Febraury/March RVGs. He doesn't know how they will be broken up just yet but as usual, there will be 6 in one batch and 6 in the other.

I just figured we might save some money with the upcoming Japanese releases.

Here goes:

Newk's Time / Sonny Rollins

Sweet Honey Bee / Duke Pearson

Ready For Freddie / Freddie Hubbard

Never Let Me Go / Stanley Turrentine

The Cape Verdean Blues - Horace Silver

At The Half Note Cafe Vol.1& 2 / Donald Byrd

Conquistador - Cecil Taylor

Rockin' The Boat / Jimmy Smith

Free Form / Donald Byrd

Goin' West / Grant Green

Right Now / Jackie McLean

Breaking Point / Freddie Hubbard

Edited by Morganized

Yeah, I was looking for that thread too about a week ago. I also figured that Kevin deleted it as a result of the whole "Greg" mess. I sure wish he hadn't done that - there was quite a lot of good info in that thread.

I'll second the question - is there any way b3-er or The Fist could bring it back???

And no, there isn't any way to bring the topic back. Which brings up the question some have already asked: Should members be able to delete their own threads?

I tell you, it's handy in the Offering Looking For forum. I used to get three or four requests per week to delete threads in there since someone sells an item or the item in no longer available, etc.

But then there's this kind of stuff which is pretty lame. Of course, it's too late now to do anything about the threads Kevin did delete, but we could stop it in the future.

That's your call guys.

I actually had to delete one of these threads today. For some reason or another it posted twice. I would have hated to bother you for that.

Deleted threads has never really been much of an issue in the past, but this time I think we lost some valuable info.

I still think it would be necessary to have the ability when selling things.

I also don't see any big deal in deleting a thread that has no replies.

Edited by catesta

I'll say once again that it's always a bad idea to let someone delete a thread they've started. This sort of thing happened all the time on the ol' Blue Note board and it's really disrespectful to all the other contributers to that thread. I understand why it might be a handy option on the buy/sell forum - Jim, can you adjust the settings so that we can delete just those threads in that forum? - but otherwise I don't see the big deal in just posting that an item has been sold.

Frankly, I'm really surprised that Kevin did this. It doesn't seem like him...