Did The RVG Thread Get Deleted?

catesta

While we're talking about "universal delete" options, here's the weird thing. I *don't* have the 'delete' option anywhere within opening-thread posts of mine. I have them in subsequent posts in the same thread, so I could delete later messages, but I see *no way* for me to delete threads I have started!

Weird!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very unfortunate that Kevin decided to take this action. Over the years of my bulletin board experience, he's always been one of the most respected posters around.

I know he was pretty P.O.'d about the whole Greg thing and expressed his feelings in no uncertain terms about Organissimo over on the Greg thread at AAJ. Given all the deletions - which come off as a big F.U. to all of us - I guess he's pretty much pulled outta here.

There was also some back and forth between Kevin and some board members here but no no no I'm not trying to put this on anybody else doorstep but Kevin's. Kevin made this choice and it's unfortunate but if it has to be that way then so be it.He's over at AAJ sharing the love with Greg,Ooronie and Hardbop.We'll just have to go on without him.

This place does f'in rule, and to share the love, Temple, I will tell you that I almost bought a copy of Into Something (Young), conn series at the Broad Street Tower yesterday (on sale for 12.99) but didn't because a quick check o' the Palm indicated that I ALREADY HAVE IT...so if you don't, I recommend you proceed to Tower post haste before the sale goes off!!!

PJ

I’m surprised too that Kevin did this. I’ve appreciated his presence through the years, and wouldn’t expect this move from him.

b3-er or Use3D, aren’t there backups from before he deleted the thread? Or have they already been replaced with too recent versions?

There is actually a small chance that the thread will turn up in the future on the Internet Archive. There are several versions preserved of www.organissimo.org between March 2002 and February 2003, but since they never make available anything until it’s over half a year old, we’ll just have to wait and see.

This place does f'in rule, and to share the love, Temple, I will tell you that I almost bought a copy of Into Something (Young), conn series at the Broad Street Tower yesterday (on sale for 12.99) but didn't because a quick check o' the Palm indicated that I ALREADY HAVE IT...so if you don't, I recommend you proceed to Tower post haste before the sale goes off!!!

PJ

I have it, thanks!! But you're right, I should either a) pull it out tonight and give a listen or, B) stock up on a few Conns I don't have before the sale is kaput. I dunno, there's not many recent Conn releases though that grab me.

I have been using the sale to grab RVG's I don't have yet. Picked up The Prisoner and Maiden Voyage.

Edited by Templejazz

Wow. I must admit, that's a pretty petty thing to do. From a hothead like me, I could expect it, but Kevin? :huh:

If there's no other way around it, it seems to me that we could live without the "deletion" ability in the Offering/Looking for thread. As much action as that forum gets, old stuff drifts down pretty fast anyway...

Okay. I don't agree with Kevin's decision to delete his threads, but this sudden ganging up on him is pretty pathetic. No one (except Chris) seemed to take exception with Kevin's relationship with Cuscuna (the "name dropping stuff") when we were all the beneficiaries of the advance info. Now, though, the criticism seems like sour grapes... :angry:

Ray

I have a lot of respect for Kevin. I wish he'd resume posting here. I wish more that he had not pulled this deletion stunt.

He had some big time issues with the Greg situation. But by pulling this stunt and deleting what all but one poster considered to be one of the more valuable threads here I think he really issued an FU to all of us. Add in his comments on AAJ wherein he referred to seeing aspects of our collective character that he did not want to see nor associate with and I think the board and its members have been insulted as well. It appears by his actions as if he's made a decision that he no longer wants to associate with this board or its members. Fine - that's a decision he made.

What you're seeing is the natural reaction of 300+ boardmembers who've just been told to fuck off. Yeah, there's a lot of agreement that the action was spiteful, wrong, inappropriate and other adjectives that I don't care to get into.

kevin b. said "i was talking to michael cuscuna the other day and he told me....", i believe he said that because he was ,talking to michael cuscuna the other day. so what if there is some name dropping going on, what would we want him to say, "i was talking to mr. x the other day and..."?kevin always kept us informed with inside info from "mr. x", and if he did delete those posts, maybe he had a good reason to. so for god's sake, lets not start ripping the guy.