WINTER IS HERE !!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shared Sidewinder's storm on the other side of the country; thunder, hail, drenching rain, gales. Garage roof showed a small leak this morning.

MG

Horizontal rain back with a vengeance today !

Glad I'm not on the coast.. :ph34r:

My house was re-glazed last week. Fortunately they just finished before all this started !

Edited by sidewinder

Weather is all over the map here. It's 70 degrees one day...then 35 the next...pneumonia weather.

About the same here. On those 70° days I open all the windows and heat up the house. :)

[With the price of heating oil I keep the house at around 67° and wear a lined heavy shirt.]

Climate over here is a bit dizzy. In the last two month the temperatures are going up and down with a spread of ten/twelve C° often on daily basis. Not a big problem for us, city's rats, but seriously annoying for farmers and agriculture in general. The biggest concern for city's rats like me is to find a different price (usually higer) at grocery street markets every weeks, because I usually buy local products: vegetables and fruits mostly.

About the same here. On those 70° days I open all the windows and heat up the house. :)

[With the price of heating oil I keep the house at around 67° and wear a lined heavy shirt.]

In a much colder climate, I keep the thermostat at 54-56. :lol: Temp gets close to 60 after heat kicks in, over 60 when sun shines during the day. Clothing: think layers and Polartec fleece.

Today in North Yorks was the first real day of winter. 1 deg C but horizontal sleet from 10am to 4 pm. I was on my bike for 3 and a half hours of it. Took a while for me to actually get the key in the door when I arrived home and another hour before I could get into bath water.

Today in North Yorks was the first real day of winter. 1 deg C but horizontal sleet from 10am to 4 pm. I was on my bike for 3 and a half hours of it. Took a while for me to actually get the key in the door when I arrived home and another hour before I could get into bath water.

Pretty dangerous in weather like now. You could have been blown off a moor!

MG

about 75 here in the ATL....must remember to close my windows when it gets dark, otherwise it might get chilly inside! :rfr

I'm about ready to start up the air conditioner today. ATL only has two seasons: summer and that small period of about 2 months when it is not summer.

/In my day we had four seasons whether wanted to or not! <_<

about 75 here in the ATL....must remember to close my windows when it gets dark, otherwise it might get chilly inside! :rfr

I'm about ready to start up the air conditioner today. ATL only has two seasons: summer and that small period of about 2 months when it is not summer.

Tell me about it. About 80 here and the AC is running. I went to a Christmas party last night and it was about 70 degrees outside, but dammit, it's the holiday season so people were wearing their big christmas sweaters. I won't miss the long frigid winters of the midwest, but I wouldn't mind a little cool weather. Maybe in the MF 50s at least?

It's going to take me some time to get used to this place. <_<

Tell me about it. About 80 here and the AC is running. I went to a Christmas party last night and it was about 70 degrees outside, but dammit, it's the holiday season so people were wearing their big christmas sweaters. I won't miss the long frigid winters of the midwest, but I wouldn't mind a little cool weather. Maybe in the MF 50s at least?

It's going to take me some time to get used to this place. <_<

don't worry, Paul, chilly weather like that is coming. There will be plenty of days with downright cold overnight temps and chilly daytime highs. The beauty of it though is that the really cold cold snaps will last three or four, maybe five days max. Then you'll be back to beautiful highs near 70 and occasional warm days.

All bets are off, however, if global warming has made that much of a difference in the ten years since I left Tallahassee.