Let me be the first to say

What's everybody eating tonight?

We still do a traditional Sicilian, Christmas Eve seafood and pasta dinner in honor of my grandmother Scaturro, may she rest in peace.

Antipasto followed by Manicotti...,on to Calimari,Shrimp,Mussels,Crab,Lobster,baked white fish, and Linguine with clam sauce.

Christmas day consists of more antipasti, pasta, salsiccia, polpette alla casalinga, arancini, and melanzana.

buon_natale.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the board members and their families.

I'm going to also be having a quiet Christmas. I'm going to cook a little food tomorrow and maybe drive down to the beach.

I'm grateful for many things, not the least of which is that the board is going to be around for awhile.

Safe travels everyone! Enjoy the time spent with friends and families! :)

Just had duck. Gorgeous!

Cold, but lavishly fattening, buffet tomorrow as the kids and grandkids are coming and there's no room to sit down together.

MG

Cold duck time?

Hey catesta, can I come for dinner tonight?

For Christmas dinner tomorrow I'm making roast leg of lamb, cauliflower goat-cheese gratin, garlic mashed taters, brussels sprouts with pancetta & mushrooms, sausage apple stuffing, green beans & walnuts, baked acorn squash, and... some sort of cranberry chutney for the lamb. :)

Yum!

Happy Christmas all!!!!

Just sat down after arranging my son's gifts. He's so excited; they've had a lovely few weeks at school and he's taken part in many holiday activities.

I'm going to have a half hour listening sess before i flop into bed. Hope he's not up too early!

Have a great day tomorrow all -- regardless of how you choose to spend it and let's remember those who can't be with us.

Cheers.

Just had duck. Gorgeous!

Cold, but lavishly fattening, buffet tomorrow as the kids and grandkids are coming and there's no room to sit down together.

MG

Standing Rib Roast [Prime Rib] for us...in about 30 minutes.

Can't wait. :g

Kids announced a couple of days ago that they'd make dinner. So while wife and I walked the dog on the beach they cooked up great meal built around short ribs cooked in

Guiness with bread pudding for dessert. (Too close to Thanksgiving for more turkey.)

Merry Xmas to all! (It's still that day here in California.)

I hope everyone here had a memorable Christmas this year. I had Christmas dinner at a friend's house. She had a great tree with ornaments collected through the years, and she has a view of New York that my camera could not resist (here's where one wishes one had a better camera):

The tree KathisXmastree07.jpg

The 42nd St. canyon Xmas07viewof42ndSt.jpg

The New Yorker Hotel Xmas07viewfromKathisapt.jpg

and after dark Xmas07viewfromKathisapt-1.jpg

Now let's see some of your holiday photos... I know you took some! :)

This thread suddenly is asking for a user name and password. :unsure:

Anyone else experience that?

Same here - the request comes from the page which is the source of the pic GoodSpeak posted above, which is not displayed when I open page 1 of this thread. Somehow I don't trust this ... the popup delivers username and password - I'm suspicious about that kind of thing.

Do you others see the pic or can confirm that site www.diluted.ca is harmless?