Don Ellis

Late

7 minutes ago, sgcim said:

Whitman left a note before his rampage asking that an autopsy be done on him to find out why he had these homicidal compulsions. The autopsy revealed the brain tumor that some believe caused his homicidal activity. He knew something was wrong with him, but he never found out what it was.

That was the point of my question.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2023 at 3:52 PM, JSngry said:

You'd be hard pressed to tell it today, but the Whitman shooting really traumatized parts of Texas for a while. It was the OG mass shooting. I would like to see that move. I see it's on Prime.  

yeah, that was one reason why my father decided not to go to UT for graduate school and instead chose U of Rochester.

Just gave Electric Bath an electric bath on the Nitty Gritty machine and am spinning now.

I don't have a rock-oriented teenage son - named Chris or anything else, for that matter.  But if I did, I'm sure that he - like me - would flip out over Don Ellis's new band!

Edited by Teasing the Korean

1 hour ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I don't have a rock-oriented teenage son - named Chris or anything else, for that matter.  But if I did, I'm sure that he - like me - would flip out over Don Ellis's new band!

That quote on the back of the cover is hilarious.

"Don Ellis can bridge the generation gap!  Oh yes, he can!"

Edited by HutchFan

3 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

With the help of Don Ellis, we can help to lead today's youth away from rock and into jazz!

I think I'm going to call my next band Rock-Oriented Teenage Son.

Funny, but it doesn't make for the best acronym (ROTS?) except perhaps in an ironic sense. 😄

Edited by T.D.