The Nessa Juggernaut rolls on

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Working on a bunch of stuff. We will issue the rest of the Art Ensemble box in a double disc version of "Old/Quartet" and a single disc of the pre-AEC stuff remaining. Also coming are Eddie's "Indian Summer", a domestic reissue of Von's "Have No Fear". All the Hal Russell material is boiling on the back burner. New issues include the original Roscoe Mitchell Quartet (from the early '60s) with Fred Berry on trumpet, Malachi Favors on bass and Alvin Fielder on drums as well as a duet date with Anthony Braxton and trumpeter John McDonough.

Hope someone wants some of these. :ph34r:

Working on a bunch of stuff. We will issue the rest of the Art Ensemble box in a double disc version of "Old/Quartet" and a single disc of the pre-AEC stuff remaining. Also coming are Eddie's "Indian Summer", a domestic reissue of Von's "Have No Fear". All the Hal Russell material is boiling on the back burner. New issues include the original Roscoe Mitchell Quartet (from the early '60s) with Fred Berry on trumpet, Malachi Favors on bass and Alvin Fielder on drums as well as a duet date with Anthony Braxton and trumpeter John McDonough.

Hope someone wants some of these. :ph34r:

it all looks great. i am really excited about the hal russell!!!

Hope someone wants some of these. ph34r.gif

No doubt about it! The Nessas go to the top of my "Buy" list. I'm particularly excited about the Roscoe and AEC. I consider Roscoe one of the very greatest of improvising musicians.

• 4 months later...

These new releases will be available next week:

514XcMfcAZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For this intimate recital Anthony Braxton plays in duet with trumpeter John McDonough. In the notes McDonough explains the genesis of this recording: After finally meeting him at a concert in 2002, I nervously offered to try and organize a performance of his Composition 103, for 7 trumpets. He was so excited and grateful, I couldn't believe it. After copying out the parts and with a large amount of help from Taylor Ho Bynum, we organized the premiere on September 16, 2005. About a week after the concert he said to me 'Mr. McDonough you and I are going to do a duo album together!' The program is a mix of compositions by the participants, an improvisation and a march by Sousa!

51uBP45stdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Complete documentation of the 1967 edition of saxophonist/composer Roscoe Mitchell's Art Ensemble with Lester Bowie (trumpet), Malachi Favors (bass) and Phillip Wilson (drums). Disc one was initially issued on vinyl in 1975 as 'Old/Quartet'. The material on the second disc was first released in the limited edition CD box 'The Art Ensemble 1967/68'.

The Braxton is $15 and the Mitchell is $23. Postage paid in North America, reduced postage elsewhere. Contact me for details at nessarecords@charter.net. This address works for PayPal too. Thanks for the attention.