Tabatha doesn't like jazz. So there!

i thought it was funny, don't know where i would bring her for a date, since it seems jazz club is out of question, but i'd date her she'd make me laugh. And a woman that can make me laugh well... :blush2:

Hey looking for info about her, she was married to Dave Foley (Newsradio)

Edited by Van Basten II

I blame the Playboy Jazz Poll of the 1960s for convincing men (whose taste in music is inextricably tied to their sexual experiences) that, plied with enough candles, Chianti, Coltrane and jazz banter, a woman would kick off her kitten heels when a man peeled off his ascot. Playboy made jazz the new “come up and see my etchings.”

Jeez, if that were the case, I'd still be listening to Def Leppard. :rfr

Guest Bill Barton

That article is priceless. Thanks, Ted!

On a tangentially related note... When I checked out the board earlier today I did a bit of a double-take when I saw that Saxophone___Vagina is celebrating her (?) birthday. That has to be the most hilarious screen name around. I couldn't resist checking out the profile. Hasn't been seen in these parts since 2007... And, lo and behold, from Seattle. Hmmmm... Johnny E or chewy: do you know or know of this mystery person? Obviously not Tabatha :o

Edited by Bill Barton

Same as in "Boney F. James". :D

So I'm at a doctor's appointment this morning, and got into some small talk with the nurse. Somehow the subject of jazz comes up, and -- I swear -- the first words out of her mouth were how she was a BIG fan of BONEY JAMES -- just LOVED him, tons.

White gal, mid 50's. She also mentioned Rick Braun and David Sanborn, and one other name I can't recall (somebody I'd never heard of) -- but she mentioned the Boney one TWICE even.

It was all I could do NOT to say "Really?? BONEY F*&^ING JAMES???". :g

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Rachel tells the story about once when she made to trip to see us playing at Baker's, and there was an African-American woman there who was celebrating her birthday. Well, this woman was having a ball, digging the band, and at some point during the night exclaimed, "It used to be Boney James, but now I got a new luv: organissimo!"

Haye Haye!

:g