How can I lose a box set?!

Several years ago, wasn't there somebody around here (not me) who's 5-year old lost an entire Mosaic set once?? Something about a car trip to McDonalds or something?? (And my memory is that it was the Hill big BN box.)

No it wasn't me (no 5-year olds in my live, save for our nephew who's never been within 5 miles of my Mosaics).

Several years ago, wasn't there somebody around here (not me) who's 5-year old lost an entire Mosaic set once?? Something about a car trip to McDonalds or something?? (And my memory is that it was the Hill big BN box.)

No it wasn't me (no 5-year olds in my live, save for our nephew who's never been within 5 miles of my Mosaics).

You're sending me off to search for the Nat Cole set. Haven't noticed it around lately... :unsure:

Wasn't the box used by the youngster for drawing on, or something like that? (makes me shudder just thinking about it).

Wasn't the box used by the youngster for drawing on, or something like that? (makes me shudder just thinking about it).

What are you so fussy about, it's just a black box, after all :ph34r:

I do remember that "incident" as well...

Yep, that was me. Still missing ... although it all came out on individual CDs or the Select I believe ...

a bit off the topic but I recently snapped a mosaic disc in two !!! (resulting in a momentary a cardiac "flutter")

Had just received it (Ellington Sidemen) - the discs from the set were all extremely difficult to remove - anyone else have problems with that box

Mosaic replaced it promptly

First time I've ever broken a disc trying to remove it from its case

Also a little off topic, but related to the above:

Years ago, around 1990, I had a CD player that was on its last legs. It would just stop playing at times - right in the middle of song. I was trying to eke out a few more months before it got so annoying that I was forced to replace it. Well, it stopped while I was playing disc two of the Complete Charlie Parker Verve box. I cursed a little bit, but didn't think any more of it until I smelled something burning. I ran over to the CD player, ejected the disc, and saw a hole burned all the way through it. The transport mechanism of the CD had died, but the laser didn't cut out.

I was pretty horrified, but I called Polygram in an attempt to buy a replacement disc. They sent me one at no charge.