Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll send you a self-addressed, stamped Nuclear Waste disposal bin ;)

For the most part I agree with you. I do like 'Infidels', 'Time Out of Mind' and the two albums of traditional songs quite a bit.

what do the asterikses in the above list indicate?

and note the box is titled Vol. 1 - seems they will release bootleg series 1-73 as Vol. 2 in 2073 or so ...

The *'s mean those were remastered for this box. And ya know what? I'll buy 73 volumes of the bootleg series if they stay in the 60's and early-mid 70's with it, 'cuz it's Bob Dylan, and he was fascinating until he lost his muse around 'Street Legal'.

I'll send you a self-addressed, stamped Nuclear Waste disposal bin ;)

For the most part I agree with you. I do like 'Infidels', 'Time Out of Mind' and the two albums of traditional songs quite a bit.

It's my contention that there's at least a little something worth hearing on every Dylan album, even Shot of Love and Real Live. I like Infidels too, and Time out of Mind is one of my favorite Dylans; everything since has been varying degrees of strong.

what do the asterikses in the above list indicate?

and note the box is titled Vol. 1 - seems they will release bootleg series 1-73 as Vol. 2 in 2073 or so ...

The *'s mean those were remastered for this box. And ya know what? I'll buy 73 volumes of the bootleg series if they stay in the 60's and early-mid 70's with it, 'cuz it's Bob Dylan, and he was fascinating until he lost his muse around 'Street Legal'.

Oh, I see! Interesting about "Street Legal" being among those, there was new remaster of that one some years ago, wasn't there?

And of course I guess it's safe to assume they will re-use the new remaster of "Self Portrait" as it was on the recent box.

I'd be all for more Bootlegs Series, for sure, also from teh 80s and the 90s ... "Tell Tale Sings" is wonderful!

And put me among those who consider "Time Out of Mind" amongst his very best, too!

Also, the flip side of the 45 of Gotta Serve Somebody was Trouble In Mind...don't think that's been reissued anywhere. There was also a song he did on a Chabad telethon, backed by TP & The Heartbreakers: "Thank God." Very good song, but never saw it on record.

Interesting to note all the tags attached to Gerald Wilson - Moment of Truth/You Better Believe It! twofer in the amazon link

" [box set, Single, Collector's Edition, DTS Surround Sound, DualDisc, Enhanced, Explicit Lyrics, Extra tracks, Limited Edition, Original recording remastered, Ringle, SACD, Soundtrack, Import] "

I hope this is an SACD (preferably a hybrid), though "Explicit Lyrics" on two instrumental albums seems unlikely. Gerald could well be uttering an expletive on the cover of Moment of Truth, given his stance and facial expression.

Interesting to note all the tags attached to Gerald Wilson - Moment of Truth/You Better Believe It! twofer in the amazon link

" [box set, Single, Collector's Edition, DTS Surround Sound, DualDisc, Enhanced, Explicit Lyrics, Extra tracks, Limited Edition, Original recording remastered, Ringle, SACD, Soundtrack, Import] "

I hope this is an SACD (preferably a hybrid), though "Explicit Lyrics" on two instrumental albums seems unlikely. Gerald could well be uttering an expletive on the cover of Moment of Truth, given his stance and facial expression.

Frankly it all seems rather unlikely. "American Jazz Classics" certainly appears to be yet another name for the hydra that is Fresh Sounds. Paying extra for a SACD of what is most likely ripped source material really exemplifies what Barnum said all those years ago.