Holiday Destinations

I'm heading even further north! First to Kotzebue to visit family, then to Nome to visit more family. I figure it will be good to take the kids somewhere completely off the road system so I have something to use as a threat when they start complaining about how small and cold Fairbanks is :)

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Christmas Eve day I'm driving from the Seattle area to my brother's who lives about 3 1/2 hours away. I'll celebrate Christmas with his family and my mother then turn around after a couple of hours and drive back. Then I go to my sister-in-law's house for the Christmas celebration with the hubby's side of the family. (Thank goodness they only live about 5 minutes away). Christmas morning I'm flying to Hawaii . I will be in Hawaii for 3 months to a year to watch my grandchildren. My son and daughter-in-law are in the Army and will be going to Iraq. My wonderful husband will be holding down the home front.

Staying in Oregon this year, going to the inlaws on Xmas day. Used to take the train to Saskatoon back when I had more time than $ (now I have neither). The train takes forever, but if you fly you can go from +70F to -100F windchill in about a minute. It's like being smacked upside the head with a giant icycle! Now we drive there in the summer, which is good too, but it's not the same...

Underground,

What takes you to Newfie-land?

Edited by danasgoodstuff

Staying in Oregon this year, going to the inlaws on Xmas day. Used to take the train to Saskatoon back when I had more time than $ (now I have neither). The train takes forever, but if you fly you can go from +70F to -100F windchill in about a minute. It's like being smacked upside the head with a giant icycle! Now we drive there in the summer, which is good too, but it's not the same...

Underground,

What takes you to Newfie-land?

My girlfriend owns a big house there, which her family rents from her. It's nice to get away from the city for awhile considering everything is so busy here. In contrast, you couldn't here so much as a mouse toot there!

So it's relaxing. Early 7am flight tomorrow! :eye:

My mother took ill this year, so I am spending three days with her in Baltimore. Tell your parents you love them before it's too late!

I'm glad I did before my mother died just four weeks ago. And now my wife's mother is hospitalized with cancer, things do not look good ... this was a hard year, and we need some rest, emotionally as well as financially, so we stay home, have dinner with some friends ..... merry Xmas to y'all!

Staying in Ann Arbor, MI, for baby's first Christmas, and hoping that winter will finally show up here. We get 1-2" of snow and the weather people go nuts screaming for people to take cover from the wicked bad snow storm! These people need to see a Canadian winter!! ;)

Christmas Eve day I'm driving from the Seattle area to my brother's who lives about 3 1/2 hours away. I'll celebrate Christmas with his family and my mother then turn around after a couple of hours and drive back. Then I go to my sister-in-law's house for the Christmas celebration with the hubby's side of the family. (Thank goodness they only live about 5 minutes away). Christmas morning I'm flying to Hawaii . I will be in Hawaii for 3 months to a year to watch my grandchildren. My son and daughter-in-law are in the Army and will be going to Iraq. My wonderful husband will be holding down the home front.

My best wishes to the whole Kartoffel-Hadi family -- hope you're feeling better SL, I guess the climate in Hawaii should drive away the remnants of cold&flu -- good luck.

Me, I'm staying put in rainy NYC, with my son home from college for a couple weeks.

Happy holidays, everyone.