Woody Shaw Columbia's being reissued

CJ Shearn

III, For Sure and United are being reissued Feb. 8th by Wounded Bird. Looks like "Night Music" is going OOP again.

Great news on the CBS titles (and we see this sort of great news all too seldom at this late date in the CD era). Have hoped for this ever since I sold my Mosaic box to raise cash many years ago. With this, will there be anything in his canon that has not appeared on CD? The Contemporaries came out, 32Jazz handled the Muse's, this completes the CBS's, the Elektra Musician's also came out on Wounded Bird, ENJA and Red put their titles on CD, and his other releases were all CD-era.

If these reissues were done correctly, For Sure should include 'Teotihuacan' which was not on the original LP. If they went above and beyond the call of duty, Woody III should include the tune 'It All Comes Back To You' which was on the Stepping Stones LP but dropped from the CD in favor of some unissued tracks.

Bertrand.

• 3 weeks later...

Got all three from CD Universe for $8 each plus shipping. Too bad about the absent bonus track - it would have killed 'em to include it?

It seems the only leader dates by Woody that I do not have on CD are Love Dance and the two with Tone Jansa.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

• 4 weeks later...

Jetman and JAW

Out of curiosity - have you guys compared the Mosaic to the Wounded Birds? I have.

If you reread my posts, you'll notice skepticism, but not out and out disbelief.

A/B'ing is definitely NOT worth my time. Life's too short. If you're happy with the WB's, I suppose that's all that matters.

• 2 weeks later...