How long has the BNBB been closed?

Jazz Groove

Does that mean that Norah suffers from a sense of inadequacy that she attempts to resolve by being a total freak in the sack? If so, how can I go about aiding this poor woman in her quest for wholeness?

I think our dear friend music boy has some comments that might be applicable to your post in this thread, Jim.

Comments from the music boy

Is that guy for real? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Fuck music boy!

And fuck Norah Jones!

(but not in the same way...)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best CD I've never heard!

Reviewer: Helen K. from New York, NY

When an artist is as wonderful as Norah Jones, who needs to actually HEAR her album in order to review it? In a way, I wish I could go back in time and NOT hear "Come Away with Me," just so I could have the pleasure of talking about how great it is without hearing it. In fact, I might NEVER listen to the new album. That way I will preserve my preconceived notion of how great it is in all its virgin purity! I should start wearing earmuffs all the time! Then I'll never hear anything, but I'll assume that it's all GREAT! Wouldn't that be just AWESOME?! Hearing things is overrated anyway...

Posted on the BN site. Don't know how long it will stay there...

Okay, someone needs to 'fess up. Who wrote this piece of brilliance? :P

it's the "old" board. Still I believe some of the more recent threads (after the "new look" was installed) can be found there too. Maybe not all, but I remember someone on the BNBB linking to an "old board" version of the very thread he posted the link in. So there must be some overlap. Anyone found out yet untill when this "archive" is stil up?

I don't think there is an overlap, John. The last threads seems to be dated October 19, 2001. In the next-to-last thread in the 'Forum Suggestions' forum ( http://www.bluenote.com/bulletinboard/ubb/...TML/000202.html ), bo (remember him? - the last sane person in the BNBB-related staff ;) ) responds to the comments regarding a then recent change in the color settings with: "Well, it's Jason playing with the color scheme in preparation for the launch of the redesigned site (to be launched shortly)." As I remember it the board was closed for a couple of days before the updated software was implemented. The trick of linking to a particular thread in the old layout only worked for threads created before the cut-off date (as it seems October 19th), and only posts up to this date was displayed.

Guest Chaney

Does that mean that Norah suffers from a sense of inadequacy that she attempts to resolve by being a total freak in the sack? If so, how can I go about aiding this poor woman in her quest for wholeness?

I think our dear friend music boy has some comments that might be applicable to your post in this thread, Jim.

Comments from the music boy

Is that guy for real? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Fuck music boy!

And fuck Norah Jones!

(but not in the same way...)

HEY! LAY OFF, MAN!

As I'm a member of the Norah board, I've just thanked Musicboy for his sage advice.

Remember: we can ALL learn something from long-haired, flabby, man-breasted BUT somehow MARRIED ( :o ) Drummers for Salvation... and Norah.

:bwallace:

Forum Suggestions and Feedback

http://www.bluenote.com/bulletinboard/ubb/...TML/000101.html

(classic lines from Tomatbluenote in this random thread "I am saddened and disgusted by the continued abasements by Aric and the resultant fouling of our fine board. Folks, enough is enough. Enough rope has been given and I am afraid that Mr.Effron has hoisted himself high on the gibbet... Aric, you are more than welcome to develop an ariceffron.com site as a playground for your passionate yet misguided mind. ")

Oh man, in that thread there's this pearl from Greg (my italics):

But Aric responds to THAX by telling him his ex-wife was a "bleepin" whore. Having no history on the board, THAX has no idea what is going on. I don't pretend to know what THAX's exact situation was, but Aric's post was totally out of left field, totally agressive, insulting, reprehensible, etc. etc. When I point out there is no excuse for this post and tell Aric to get a hold of himself, he still fails to see a problem with what he did and starts defending it. THAX will never come back. How many lurkers has Aric scared away I wonder? What thread has he contributed to in a positive, insightful way? Why do we have to read, and now look at his graffiti contributions to the board?

Priceless. :D

Oh man, in that thread there's this pearl from Greg (my italics):

But Aric responds to THAX by telling him his ex-wife was a "bleepin" whore. Having no history on the board, THAX has no idea what is going on. I don't pretend to know what THAX's exact situation was, but Aric's post was totally out of left field, totally agressive, insulting, reprehensible, etc. etc. When I point out there is no excuse for this post and tell Aric to get a hold of himself, he still fails to see a problem with what he did and starts defending it. THAX will never come back. How many lurkers has Aric scared away I wonder? What thread has he contributed to in a positive, insightful way? Why do we have to read, and now look at his graffiti contributions to the board?

Priceless. :D

That is the absolute most hilarious and most ironic thing I've ever read, bar-none, on this board.

This is the best CD I've never heard!

Reviewer: Helen K. from New York, NY

When an artist is as wonderful as Norah Jones, who needs to actually HEAR her album in order to review it? In a way, I wish I could go back in time and NOT hear "Come Away with Me," just so I could have the pleasure of talking about how great it is without hearing it. In fact, I might NEVER listen to the new album. That way I will preserve my preconceived notion of how great it is in all its virgin purity! I should start wearing earmuffs all the time! Then I'll never hear anything, but I'll assume that it's all GREAT! Wouldn't that be just AWESOME?! Hearing things is overrated anyway...

Posted on the BN site.  Don't know how long it will stay there...

Okay, someone needs to 'fess up. Who wrote this piece of brilliance? :P

I cannot tell a lie...

I wrote it. :g