How long has the BNBB been closed?

Jazz Groove

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should all celebrate the day they "ruined" the board (long before they closed it) by handing out free burns of the new Norah Jones CD to all of our friends, half of our enemies, and all strangers dressed in stylish footwear.

The day of infamy, by the way, was 03/03/03. Good things come in threes... not!

I think we should all celebrate the day they "ruined" the board (long before they closed it) by handing out free burns of the new Norah Jones CD to all of our friends, half of our enemies, and all strangers dressed in stylish footwear.

The day of infamy, by the way, was 03/03/03. Good things come in threes... not!

3-3-3 is half of 6-6-6, so draw your own conclusions...

We have been open since March 7, 2003, so it's coming up on a year now. This is still a work in progress but I thank everyone for making it such a cool place to hang. I know I need to make some more skins and all... I'll get there, I promise!

Didn't someone say that Mike Ricci over at AAJ is trying to get Blue Note to let him transfer some of the old threads over to his forum? That would be kind of neat.

Oh, and I like this place better than the BNBB myself... ;)

I'm going out on a limb here, but I actually like this board MORE than the BNBB.

Me too, by a mile.

I hate to say this, but a good part of it is that I don't miss having musically conservative people around, who have an axe to grind about what is and what isn't good music (in their 'esteemed' opinion, of course).

Or to put it another way, there's a wide range of interests on this board, and not much in-fighting about "dogmatic" issues (at least in terms of MUSIC, not politics - of course!! :P )

Guest Chaney

I miss the trolls. DAMN they were fun!

Maybe we could find a way to lure one or two here?

b3-er: Can we declare January "The Month of the Troll"?

Edited by Chaney

Where's softsong when you need her??  :g

he he

Alive and well at the Norah Jones board. :g

I hate to say it, but I miss the occassional troll. Not the trouble making assholes, just the the softsong, spam posting Roc Armani, types. You know the ones when you get to let it all out and rip away.

It's very refreshing. ;)

Edited by catesta

I agree with the rest of you guys, this place is a LOT better than the BNBB. :tup

Thanks B3-er and Organissimo!

I agree with all that has been said here, and although it has been done a number of times before, I would like to thank B3-er for his efforts. He has made this place a comfortable place to come to even if we have to put up with the rest of you guys :g:g;);) . I remember writing an email to Blue Note at the time they shut their board down telling them just how stupid a move I thought it was. I still can't believe their decision, but in hindsight, I am glad they did. I sure don't miss all the lectures about how we were using their board and shouldn't say anything bad about their products, prices, attitudes, artists, or durn near anything else. I enjoy all the varying points of view that you get on this board, and especially the civility of the discussions. We should be able to disagree without resorting to name calling and beratement, and in large measure we do. From those spirited debates comes some of the finest assesments of the art form that we all love.

Enough said, but let's not spend too much time lamenting the demise of the BNBB. From that demise, like a phoenix, Organissimo has arisen and has surpassed the old board.

Congratulation Organissimo.