How long has the BNBB been closed?

Jazz Groove

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok, JM's post was the penultimate GREATEST post ever.  There.  Now we have something to look forward to again.

I wonder why you didn't note that my response would be even greater. I mean, how could it not be?

;)

Hey Couw, don't sweat it-I'm sure you're BF Disc will be the greatest yet! ;)

I wrote a 1-star review in which I criticized other people for rating the album before they'd even heard it. My review was deleted from the page within a few days of posting it. There are now only positive comments about the album, regardless of the fact that none of the reviewers have even heard it. The spirit of the BNBB lives on. :rolleyes:

"How can this not be great????? Norah is such a great piano player and even a greater singer and a great songstress. It would be great if they would let us give more than 5 stars - it's gonna be that great. Norah is great and it will be great to hear her on her great new CD. It will be great to hear all her great new tunes. Her old songs were great and these will be even greater. I'll bet this is going to be the greatest CD ever."

Great fucking Zeus!! :lol:

I will never use the word great again. Shit, I just used it!

okay now, time to fess up! Who of you wrote that 5 star review on the BN site?

Okay. I confess. It was me. :winky:

I saw those reviews over there - all 5 stars without ever having heard the disc - and thought how utterly ridiculous it was. So I decided to write a review that was so over the top ridiculous that anyone from Blue Note who read it would understand how silly it is to allow reviews before the music is released and either delet it or all of them - provided of course that they had at least one ounce of integrity :rolleyes:

Interestingly, or maybe not, I signed it Ravi from Myanmar. After a couple of days, they deleted the name Ravi.

Maybe it was a bad joke, maybe not. At any rate, judging from all your responses I think I succeeded in writing the most utterley ridiculous review ever. I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed by that.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

I think we should all celebrate the day they "ruined" the board (long before they closed it) by handing out free burns of the new Norah Jones CD to all of our friends, half of our enemies, and all strangers dressed in stylish footwear.

The day of infamy, by the way, was 03/03/03. Good things come in threes... not!

3-3-3 is half of 6-6-6, so draw your own conclusions...

March 3rd is my birthday...starting to understand now?azdevil.gif

Inspired by Ed, I wrote a glowing nonsensical review as well, but decided against sending it. Why? I guess, I'm afraid it could ruin things for everyone else in some way. Also, I suppose I don't wish to make fun of the lady. She is an artist after all. No one needs that.

I still like Ed's review however. One spoof makes the point; many spoofs only generate anger.

Norah Jones is such a great piano player, and an even greater daughter. She might be the greatest daughter ever! It would be great if Ravi Shankar gave us more great daughters. In fact, he did give us another great daughter. Anoushka. Say it with me. A-noush-ka. Anoushka is actually the greatest daughter ever, making Norah great, but ultimately penultimate.