How long has the BNBB been closed?

Jazz Groove

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the trolls. DAMN they were fun!

Maybe we could find a way to lure one or two here?

b3-er: Can we declare January "The Month of the Troll"?

what about instead of the album of the week we can have Troll of the week!!

Can i nominate me to go first .

COUW is there anyway of getting the TROLL OF THE WEEK pinned so i know who to nomimate next?

I miss the trolls.  DAMN they were fun!

Maybe we could find a way to lure one or two here?

b3-er:  Can we declare January "The Month of the Troll"?

what about instead of the album of the week we can have Troll of the week!!

Can i nominate me to go first .

COUW is there anyway of getting the TROLL OF THE WEEK pinned so i know who to nomimate next?

I don't know man, but I'll keep track of the ones that went before.

just to make this work you should consider nominating someone with Troll-ish inclinations, you know to get an initial momentum to the thing. We'll be needing it when those who don't know how to really troll have their turn. Vegetating on yesterday's bread so to speak, waiting for the seven fat years to come.

I wonder why the BNBB never re-opened. I suspect it is because they think that we are all out here waiting like a government-in-exile ready to go rushing back in and set up shop again in all our mobley-street-sign-stealing glory.

The gates of the BNBB will remain closed forever, like those of some fabled underground mythical city...

I think a decision was made very early on after the closing that the time had passed and that it had outlived its usefullness.

I also think there was a growing realization that active moderation was needed but that budgets wouldn't allow it, so that helped make the decision.

And finally, just as people suspected that perhaps an influx of Norah fans finding a lot of distaste for her at the corporate BB, it just might be possible that with their then-pending new signings (Al Green and Van Morrisson) might have led to a realization that there new business model-non-jazz vocalists-might bring even more non-jazz fans to a bulletin board with an established membership of jazz-oriented members.

I said that in a very convoluted way, but I think my meaning is clear ...

Does anyone actually have a copy to burn?

Surely we can find somebody to burn us some...

(aw hell, who am I kidding? If I find a used copy, I'm buying it.)

BMG club will sell the new Norah Jones CD. Just wait about 6 months.

(get it with an enrollment deal for about $4) :g

One of the best things about this board is not having to visit a website that lists TEN five-star (or ovals, or whatever the hell they are) reviews for the new Norah CD, which hasn't even been released yet! My favorite is this one:

"How can this not be great????? Norah is such a great piano player and even a greater singer and a great songstress. It would be great if they would let us give more than 5 stars - it's gonna be that great. Norah is great and it will be great to hear her on her great new CD. It will be great to hear all her great new tunes. Her old songs were great and these will be even greater. I'll bet this is going to be the greatest CD ever."

Thanks B-3er for providing a home for intelligent, lively music discussion and sparing us all from this kind of dreck.

"How can this not be great????? Norah is such a great piano player and even a greater singer and a great songstress. It would be great if they would let us give more than 5 stars - it's gonna be that great. Norah is great and it will be great to hear her on her great new CD. It will be great to hear all her great new tunes. Her old songs were great and these will be even greater. I'll bet this is going to be the greatest CD ever."

Great fucking Zeus!! :lol: