did Trane really want Cecil on that date?

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

Wilson also produced the rock group Cyrkle.

of "Red Rubber Ball" fame :)

As kids in Canarsie we made up a parody: Red Rubber Rabbi. All the kids in hebrew school sang it as protest, we hated school so much.

We also called the 'morah' (rabbi's wife) the 'moron'. As you might imagine my career as Yeshivaista was mercifully short-lived.

Edited by fasstrack

Oh yeah!

"Turn-Down Day", though, was produced by John Simon, not Tom Wilson, although Paul Simon co-wrote "Red-Rubber Ball". So either way, there's a Simon involved, but not a Wilson.

Actually, I don't think there was a Wilson involved at all, Tom or otherwise!

Not to be a thread blender, but Cyrkle isn't a bad example of sunshine pop.

i didnt know he was black, i heard that he was like the countercultural person in straight-Verve, and he was took lots of lsd and during the freak out recording sessions, he never left the orgy room

Tom Wilson is the guy in the front row on the far left:

61G6gcrU%2ByL._SS400_.jpg

Chewy: "i didnt know he was black, i heard that he was like the countercultural person in straight-Verve, and he was took lots of lsd and during the freak out recording sessions, he never left the orgy room."

You need to stop reading old copies of The Reader's Digest.

BTW, I vaguely recall hearing that he died from suicide. Does anyone else remember hearing that?

Oh yeah!

"Turn-Down Day", though, was produced by John Simon, not Tom Wilson, although Paul Simon co-wrote "Red-Rubber Ball". So either way, there's a Simon involved, but not a Wilson.

Actually, I don't think there was a Wilson involved at all, Tom or otherwise!

Not to be a thread blender, but Cyrkle isn't a bad example of sunshine pop.

Both Dawes and Danneman became professional jingle writers after The Cyrkle disbanded. Dawes later wrote the famous "plop plop fizz fizz" jingle for Alka-Seltzer. Danneman wrote jingles for Continental Airlines and Swanson Foods. He penned the original 7Up Uncola song. In 1977, Dawes produced Foghat. [source: Wikipedia]