Wolfgang Dauner "Rischka's Light Faces"

Never heard of this ....

Found some details here:

Wolfgang Dauner - Rischka´s Light Faces

WOLFGANG DAUNER
Rischka´s Light Faces
CTR Produktion CTR 34694
Germany

Recorded at Orange Recording Studios,London,December 1970.

* Introduction
* Taxi to Musberg
* Rischka´s light faces
* Heikideiki
* Rischka for Rogue´s gallery
* Om mani padme hum
* Bumm Bumm´s lullaby.

* Wolfgang Dauner(piano,organ ring-modulator,cembalo,clavinet,vocal,percussion)
* Fred Braceful(drums,vocals)
* Siegfried Schwab(electric guitar,concert guitar,sambul karang,percussion)
* Eberhard Weber(bass,vocals)
* Roland Wittich(drums,melodron)

Edited by mikeweil

I've actually bid obscene amounts of money for this but have lost(not quite $1000 but over $500!)...it's strange that no label would want to reissue this given that it seems almost everything and anything is being reissued these days.

It is from a very interesting(to my ears) period of Dauners and I would love to just have a dubbed copy of it even just to hear it.

I would love to just have a dubbed copy of it even just to hear it.

Please note that this is about as close to being an explicit solicitation of an unauthorized copy of a commercial product as can be tolerated.

Such solicitation is against forum policy and can result in editing or deletion of posts, or even entire threads.

Going forth, discretion, please.

And good luck on your quest!

Ah c'mon ...

No doubt a CASSETTE copy (for strictly private use), for example, would have been quite sufficient for the thread starter ... Just for curiosity's sake to listen to the music of a NON-COMMERCIALLY released (see link above) platter. ;)

See, everybody, why I did not want to become a mod? ;)

Ah c'mon ...

No doubt a CASSETTE copy (for strictly private use), for example, would have been quite sufficient for the thread starter ... Just for curiosity's sake to listen to the music of a NON-COMMERCIALLY released (see link above) platter. ;)

I never understood why they're asking for bread when they can have cake ...

I would love to just have a dubbed copy of it even just to hear it.

Please note that this is about as close to being an explicit solicitation of an unauthorized copy of a commercial product as can be tolerated.

Such solicitation is against forum policy and can result in editing or deletion of posts, or even entire threads.

Going forth, discretion, please.

And good luck on your quest!

Ah c'mon ...

This is exactly what the problem is here. Even though a moderator might not agree with one of the board rules (and there aren't that many compared to other boards) he's supposed to at least warn members who (threaten to) violate that rule. It can be any rule, not just the one mentioned above. If he doesn't, he can be accused of not doing his job, which happens with some regularity; if he does he'll get bashed over it, if not worse. In other words, he's damned if he doesn't and he's damned if he does. A moderator must have a thick skin here; I didn't have one. My problem, surely, but I can imagine why people are not exactly standing in line to become a moderator. Edited by J.A.W.

Look .. all I wanted to point out that we are talking about a VERY elusive NON-COMMERCIAL pressing (see above) where - life being what it is - there just might be cassette copies floating around (or some good soul maybe share their good fortune of owning that LP and let somebody else listen in).

This is NOT about some seedy grey or black market bootleg release that undermines the work of other, more deserving reissuers that did all the hard work with making a recording available (again) and where you can rightfully frown upon piggyback riders who want to cash in on it by doing COMMERCIAL unauthorized reissues.

I can perfectly well understand that in such cases of reissue ripoffs a line has to be drawn and such shady practices should not be endorsed by mentioning, linking or advocating them here unduly in public, but does the above timid question voiced by the thread starter really fall into that category? I don't really think so.

Look .. all I wanted to point out that we are talking about a VERY elusive NON-COMMERCIAL pressing (see above) where - life being what it is - there just might be cassette copies floating around (or some good soul maybe share their good fortune of owning that LP and let somebody else listen in).

This is NOT about some seedy grey or black market bootleg release that undermines the work of other, more deserving reissuers that did all the hard work with making a recording available (again) and where you can rightfully frown upon piggyback riders who want to cash in on it by doing COMMERCIAL unauthorized reissues.

I can perfectly well understand that in such cases of reissue ripoffs a line has to be drawn and such shady practices should not be endorsed by mentioning, linking or advocating them here unduly in public, but does the above timid question voiced by the thread starter really fall into that category? I don't really think so.

You've made your point regarding this particular thread. My post was more a general observation about a moderator's interpretations and decisions and the reactions they often evoke - or should I say provoke...

Just use discretion in your language. This is a very friendly group with (mostly) keen comprehension skills in the realm past the literal. Most understand what "I'm looking for a copy of XYX" or LF: XYZ, any format" means.

Nobody's looking to discourage (and definitely not to ban) the consensual trading of copied material, just the blatant solicitation thereof. That line had not yet been crossed, but I had a complaint, reviewed the post, and decided that this was as good a place as any to draw the line (or more accurately, show where the line is)

Ffor the record, the post in question did not cross the line, but it did define where the line is, So it's all good, as is.

And again, good luck on your quest. Seriously.

Vinyl West currently have a copy of 'Rischka's Soul' if anyone is interested..(and has the dosh)

https://vinyl-west.de/catalog/wolfgang-dauner-group-rischkas-soul-p-12585.html?osCsid=5dfa475e5a46e928d66732cb5d091ae6

Wow, €250! What's so special about this LP and the one the OP is after, other than that they were apparently non-commercial releases in limited editions? Edited by J.A.W.

Wow, €250! What's so special about this LP and the one the OP is after, other than that they were apparently non-commercial releases in limited editions?

EURO-JAZZ, which always equals a very keen group of Asian buyers and collectors on hand.

And the seller in this case is one who knows his stuff (and the scene) inside out. ;) So there MUST be a market.

I understand, though, that this CTR release is supposed to come with the cover below. So ... that price for one without a cover?

0ll6Ec4E1F.jpg

Edited by Big Beat Steve

The moderators point is taken and understood..as someone else mentioned this is a non-commercial release distributed to friends and family members I presume...but nonetheless I don't wish to break any forum rules.

Hey MikeWeil I am very envious that you saw this band live! I love Fred Bracefull....his drumming is great...he shines on an obscure mal Waldron album entitled "Spanish bitch".

Vinyl West currently have a copy of 'Rischka's Soul' if anyone is interested..(and has the dosh)

https://vinyl-west.de/catalog/wolfgang-dauner-group-rischkas-soul-p-12585.html?osCsid=5dfa475e5a46e928d66732cb5d091ae6

Wow, €250! What's so special about this LP and the one the OP is after, other than that they were apparently non-commercial releases in limited editions?

And no cover on this one either - d'oh! What's special? Rare and good... that's all.

The moderators point is taken and understood..as someone else mentioned this is a non-commercial release distributed to friends and family members I presume...but nonetheless I don't wish to break any forum rules.

I would be the last person to discourage anybody from seeking to expand their horizons through the goodwill of fellow board members. The only consideration requested by the board regulations is that such seeking be conducted as discretely as possible, and, if any deals come to be made, that they be made privately (it would be my personal preference to use email/IM/etc., not even the PM function, although I know of no rule that would prohibit that).

This board is a great place to meet people and to have your horizons expanded, but it -this part of the board - is a public place. So all private matters should be handled accordingly. A general, discrete initial "Looking For" post is certainly suitable for public display, as is any/all discussion about the item itself. But once you enter the realm of "dubs", or anything that implies the solicitation of an unauthorized copy, that should be in a private setting. Public/Private, proceed accordingly, that's all you gotta do..

Thank you for your understanding, sincerely. I trust that the matter has now been dealt with to everybody's satisfaction and that we can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

And once again, good luck to you in your quest!

And no cover on this one either - d'oh! What's special? Rare and good... that's all.

I hadn't even noticed that it didn't even have the cover. I'll take 10...! :wacko:

Into the 1970's LPs by German (or other European) jazz groups always were rather limited quantities, with very little international distribution. I do not want to think about how few copies actually survived ... It's no wonder they are so rare and achieve high prices.

Strange about Dauner, though ...

I cannot recall those "Rischka" LPs at all, obviously, but remember seeing "Knirsch", "Oimels" and probably one or two other of his early to mid-70s records in the "Dauner" bins of the jazz sections in our local record stores for AGES throughout the second half of the 70s. Never bought any of them because I wasn't into that stuff but his records sure were all over the place. (Or was this that much of a local thing in his hometown?)