looking for Charles Tolliver live at Historic Slugs cd

926am

As said already, all the material is included in the Mosaic Select with additional material and remastered sound for less than the OP stated he is willing to pay. Seems to be the best option to me.

There's just the small matter of the set being OOP...

Even OOP, it's defininitely worth tracking down - even at twice the original Mosaic price (probably the going rate).

The bonus material is every bit as good, and substantial inclusion.

The live "Music Inc" quartet album "Impact" on enja (and especially it's recent CD reissue with two long bonus tracks, for a total of 25 minutes of extra material) is also just as important -- especially since it includes a version of "Brilliant Circles" - a tune otherwise only available on the Stanley Cowell album of the same name (with Woody Shaw). Never dreamed I'd get to hear a version of that tune with Charles Tolliver. (Not to be confused with the Strata East big band album "Impact" -- the one on enja is completely different.)

When you include the quartet's "Grand Max" from around that same time -- it's really amazing that there's over 5 hours (5!) of liver material by the various incarnations of the Music Inc quartet -- all from the early 70's -- floating around.

As said already, all the material is included in the Mosaic Select with additional material and remastered sound for less than the OP stated he is willing to pay. Seems to be the best option to me.

There's just the small matter of the set being OOP...

I suppose that would change things.