Top 10 worst album covers

ghost of miles

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. This collection has been popular on many music forums a few months ago.

Hope I didn't double-post it here, Claude... I did a search first and couldn't turn it up. (Unless somebody posted it in the "silly jazz covers" thread--I confess I didn't want to flip through all 58 pages, or however long that one was. :eye: )

Those covers need captions! Except maybe this one:

letmetouch1.jpg

Priceless.

Now, what about worst jazz album covers? I nominate this one:

woods_philw_images~~~_101b.jpg

The Penguin Guide refers to the original cover of Paul Bley's Touching as having "one of the most unpleasant covers in the history of recorded music." Who can find this?

(Unrelated side note: When will Dusty Groove ever stop referring to albums as "bits"? Maybe they need a taste of Ben Wallace: :bwallace: )

Edited by Late

I think they're referring to the UK Fontana version of "Touching," which has a silhouette of a woman's hand grasping the word "Touching" on a white background. It's actually kinda nice, I think. The Roling is preferable, however.

Anybody ever seen the alternate UK jacket to the "Juba-Lee," retitled "The Visitor"?

sfjl929.jpg

I still don't get it. "One of the most unpleasant covers in the history of recorded music." :blink:

I thought it would be a picture of a vivisected monkey or something. Or maybe the inside of Nixon's left nostril. The covers that Couw's posted are tame I tell ya!

Edit: Ah, they're referring to the Arista/Freedom pressing cover. Couw?

Edited by Late

I never trust CD guides.

Never? Well, I hear you. I was just curious, as Cook & Morton's statement had me conjuring up all sorts of perverse and demented covers. Maybe as a practical joke, someone slipped Bley's LP into a Loni Anderson Sings Wagner jacket. That might be unpleasant.