ghost of miles

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

IYHO, right? ;)

No. It's a bonafide classic. Clearly, the cover is a little odd but that's a great record. Way over the top, as far as their Christian leanings are concerned, but the Louvins are a serious presence in American Western music. The tune "The Christian Life" off of this record was covered by the Byrds on their foray into country, Sweetheart of the Rodeo, in 1968.

One of the best dive-bar jukebox CDs ever. :tup

IYHO, right?  ;)

No. It's a bonafide classic. Clearly, the cover is a little odd but that's a great record. Way over the top, as far as their Christian leanings are concerned, but the Louvins are a serious presence in American Western music. The tune "The Christian Life" off of this record was covered by the Byrds on their foray into country, Sweetheart of the Rodeo, in 1968.

One of the best dive-bar jukebox CDs ever. :tup

I can't believe that no one has chimed in regarding the Louvins! I was expecting a ton of responses here. Especially Sangrey. C'mon people..... :wacko:

The Louvins are indeed the real deal, the last in the long line of brother duets--the Monroes, the Allens, the Blue Sky Boys, the Delmores--last that is unless you count the Everleys, which I do...

If Satan is Real is a bit much for your tastes, check out their Sorrowful Songs of Life instead.

• 4 months later...

Am I alone in thinking this is a particularly poor album cover? Sheesh, it looks like Rod has a pair of female legs growing out of the right side of his deformed ass. Ol' Rod can reach over, touch his own sexy leg, and get a thrill.

It's Rod Stewart starring as 'The Man With Four Legs.' He roams the streets, fights crime and keeps the city safe. Once he gets you in his leg lock, your criminal activites are as good as finished in this town.

0082876621822_500X500.jpg

Edited by wesbed

Am I alone in thinking this is a particiularly poor album cover? Sheesh, it looks like Rod has a pair of female legs growing out of the right side of his deformed ass. Ol' Rod can reach over, touch his own sexy leg, and get a thrill.

It's Rod Stewart starring as 'The Man With Four Legs.' He roams the streets, fights crime and keeps the city safe. Once he gets you in his leg lock, your criminal activites are as good as finished in this town.

0082876621822_500X500.jpg

looks like great material for a photoshop project.