• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/27/2023 at 12:02 AM, jazzbo said:

LTgzNTEuanBlZw.jpeg

SHM-SACD just arrived from cdjapan.co.jp

Wow. This may be the best sounding of the recent Coltrane SHM-SACDs.

I don´t really know what that SACD really is , but anyway, musically speaking I love that record. I like male vocal much more than female vocal, though I love Billie Holiday. 
Those ballad singers from the bop era, Billy Eckstine, Earl Coleman, Johnny Hartman, Kenny "Pancho" Haggod, they all great and this is a wonderful record if I just want to close my eyes and relax.

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

I don´t really know what that SACD really is , but anyway, musically speaking I love that record. I like male vocal much more than female vocal, though I love Billie Holiday. 
Those ballad singers from the bop era, Billy Eckstine, Earl Coleman, Johnny Hartman, Kenny "Pancho" Haggod, they all great and this is a wonderful record if I just want to close my eyes and relax.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Audio_CD

Now playing

Tom Lellis & Tohino "Tonight" Adventure Music cd

s-l500.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

14 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Thank you !

As you probably know anyway, I am not really an audiophile. So I didn´t make that move. Most of my albums are quite old, at least those that was recorded decades ago like those Miles albums, those Trane albums, so the ones I bought then still have a special meaning for me. They sound good musically and each of them has it´s own story for me, in any case what it meant for my musical developement, so I fear I must say I never did re-buy albums I already have. And my collection seems to be large for non jazz folks, but as I learned from this forum, it is very small in comparation with others, who really collect the records. 
As musically active with the gigs I have to play I seldom find the time to listen to a record, but if, it is always a special event where memories come back, and gettin a new CD, mostly made by fellow musicians, is also something I can´t wait to find to time to hear it.