• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, dougcrates said:

NTMtNTk4Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

I'm now listening to this too.  One of Dusko's best, imo. 

R.I.P.

21 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

That’s a very welcome reissue of an album that was previously very hard to find - and expensive - on the MPS/BASF label.

Yes, it's a superb record. :tup 

Edited by HutchFan

1 minute ago, mjazzg said:

Thoughts?  

Good but no one involved's best, which is as expected. Only half way through though. It will need another listen or two. Part of the problem is that it is both a Roscoe Mitchell record in all but name but also an Art Ensemble record. I think that the urge to offer a wider platform but at the same time the lack of other compositional voices means that it falls a little flat. I suspect that I shall be returning to records like Bells for the South Side before I return to this.

Have you heard it? What did you think?

41 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Good but no one involved's best, which is as expected. Only half way through though. It will need another listen or two. Part of the problem is that it is both a Roscoe Mitchell record in all but name but also an Art Ensemble record. I think that the urge to offer a wider platform but at the same time the lack of other compositional voices means that it falls a little flat. I suspect that I shall be returning to records like Bells for the South Side before I return to this.

Interesting thoughts, thanks.

I haven't heard it yet. I am tempted by the fact it's a not dissimilar lineup to the one that knocked me out at Oto. However I have far too many AEOC albums that don't get listened to so why buy another....

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

I agree with you, & I've listened to both CDs twice.