• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, scooter_phx said:

Miles Davis - Sketches Of Spain (1961, CBS, Vinyl) | Discogs

When I bought it in the 70´s, it had another cover with a foto of Miles where you see a big ring on his finger. 

The music was played in a "film polițist”, where a young girl had it in her record collection and the police wondered why a 17 year old girl listens to this kind of music. She had bought it because she was in love with a much older man (one of hear hi school teachers) and the music, at least parts of it was played in the film.

Some days later in the newspaper was an article, where they explained what it was, since a lotta viewers had asked what it was. 

In my case, of course I bought it but for a young teenager then it was "too quiet", I was used to Miles with Tony Williams or to electric Miles.....

6 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

When I bought it in the 70´s, it had another cover with a foto of Miles where you see a big ring on his finger. 

The music was played in a "film polițist”, where a young girl had it in her record collection and the police wondered why a 17 year old girl listens to this kind of music. She had bought it because she was in love with a much older man (one of hear hi school teachers) and the music, at least parts of it was played in the film.

Some days later in the newspaper was an article, where they explained what it was, since a lotta viewers had asked what it was. 

In my case, of course I bought it but for a young teenager then it was "too quiet", I was used to Miles with Tony Williams or to electric Miles.....

For me, I was trying to play trumpet like my older brother.  I was probably about 12 years old when he gave this album to me as a gift.  At the time, I wanted to play like Maynard; this was a change to my ears that I wasn't ready for.  Over the years, my ears have grown a bit and now appreciate this album the way I should have to begin with.

Monday Michiru “Episodes in Color”

465d4a1bc408cd7689a93253b4f430b7e769df24

With the new DAC breaking in this cd is a great test to show me where bass response is. And where it is is in a very good place.

I love this woman’s work. Her lyrics especially impress me. But her singing is also great–especially her multi-tracked harmony singing.

74ab567ecfb24112d9c656d4740e7033f6303591