• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife’s niece and her husband and her darling boy and girl are in town for a week plus from Austin and we spent the day with them. . . we may spend almost every day with them as the kids love my wife so and they are real corkers.

But this morning is colder and raining and Brazilian music seemed a good start to the day–and joea Bosca’s happy and warm music seemed just the right fit.

d8a318c0b40bb2e282dfc45da6ba9e858953022f

11 hours ago, Eric said:

Goodness, what amazing record store do you shop in? 😃

Haha, you're right, this is lucky. The selection at Gibert Joseph in the latin quarter in Paris remains really good, and the employees of the jazz section very enthusiastic, despite the move downstairs and loss of space. The shop was a mainstay during my student years, one could find really good second hand CDs on a tight budget.

4 hours ago, OliverM said:

Haha, you're right, this is lucky. The selection at Gibert Joseph in the latin quarter in Paris remains really good, and the employees of the jazz section very enthusiastic, despite the move downstairs and loss of space. The shop was a mainstay during my student years, one could find really good second hand CDs on a tight budget.

That is very cool!!  I will have to keep that in mind when I make it back to Paris!

Edited by Eric

On another board there was discussion of jazz vocalist favorites, and I was going to play a Helen Merrill disc next, but couldn’t find it easily, so opted for this because I wanted to hear some Joel Ross, and there’s some of his vibes here.

5baa8099c75404231f0306434c19f320b023ad23

Greg Spero (piano)
Makaya McCraven (drums)
Marquis Hill (trumpet)
Joel Ross (vibraphone)
Jeff Parker (guitar)
Darryl Jones (bass)
Irvin Pierce (tenor sax)

MDUtMzE3My5qcGVn.jpeg

On 12/26/2023 at 11:16 AM, kh1958 said:

On disc four of this. For me, this is the best Hendrix set ever released. His best band (Band of Gypsies) in four concerts on two consecutive days, awesome guitar, and great sonics.

Hmm.  I need to check that out.  :tup

I'd definitely rather hear Billy Cox on bass (over Noel Redding) -- but I sometimes go back-and-forth when it comes to Mitch Mitchell or Buddy Miles.