So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

NS0xNzIzLnBuZw.jpeg

The Muse CD, with additional alternates of four of the six tunes, almost like getting two versions of the same album!

Plus, it seems that this one sounds clearer than the 32 Jazz version. Might be my imagination. Or not. 

I replaced several Muse CD's with 32Jazz CD's when they came out in the 90's or whenever, and have regretted it ever since, in some cases re-buying the Muse CD's.

• Replies 79.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"clearer" is hardly an acceptable scientific qualifier, but yes, the Muse CD seems to be easier to hear the individual definitions of the instruments. For me anyway. It's like a light fog was lifted. 

Interestingly(?), the Muse alternates seem to have some audio inconsistencies not dissimilar to the 32 Jazz release. 

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

NS0xNzIzLnBuZw.jpeg

The Muse CD, with additional alternates of four of the six tunes, almost like getting two versions of the same album!

Plus, it seems that this one sounds clearer than the 32 Jazz version. Might be my imagination. Or not. 

Happy to have the septet date added to the 32 Jazz disc.

2 hours ago, felser said:

I replaced several Muse CD's with 32Jazz CD's when they came out in the 90's or whenever, and have regretted it ever since, in some cases re-buying the Muse CD's.

I sure wish someone would re-issue the entire Muse catalog. So much great music is sitting in someone's vault gathering dust, when it should be out in the market. Would probably do very well in the Vinyl Community, too.

arnett-cobb-funky-butt-japanese-vinyl-lp

14 hours ago, soulpope said:

Anmerkung-2019-10-17-193612.jpg

There is no shortage of quality late career Art Pepper recordings but his one from March 14th, 1978 is special .... btw worth the ticket of entry for Bob Magnusson`s outstanding bass work ....

I believe that's also available on this:

b58e87e5-f777-4ad3-90ee-d2d6c25ae819_1.9

12 hours ago, Joe said:

image.jpg?c=nPurFB8k9cuEK0l2h4MORQSijaXJ

image.jpg?c=7bjxCrSzHJIKw1CvyXJPIT6KsMtt

Ronnie Boykins was a helluva bass player. I didn´t know he had a record of his own, but ESP recorded a lot of artists , I have the Henry Grimes album.

Ronnie Boykins I first heard with Sun Ra on record, it was one of my first 10 jazz albums (Nothin´ is). Like Henry Grimes, he was also great at bowing solos.....

219-Bunny-Berigan-1-e1619108038818.jpg

It's been a looong while since I last listened to this set. Still going through disc 1, which is mainly composed by ARC recordings, with those corny lyrics and bland arrangements. Even so, you can still enjoy Berigan here and there... plus you have those wonderful Boswell Sisters recordings. 

Jack Teagarden “Think Well of Me” Verve stereo LP

I have this on cd, and the stereo and mono LP. Both the LPs sound great–I chose the stereo to listen to today.

The trombone sound on this LP is gorgeous. These songs by Willard Robinson (all but one are Robinson’s) have that melancholy vibe that Teagarden this late in his career came by so naturally.

I love this music.

1bc49568f7d325505c6dfaf780dd4cde088e965e

9 minutes ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b27377c7d46b45da573c0ab20a17

Recorded October 1st , 1975 (but released 7 years later) .... featuring the rhythm backbone of the Joanne Brackeen`s Trio aka Clint Houston (b) + Billy Hart (dr) and sublime pianist Albert Dailey ....

👍 - as LP from 1982 on my shelf

OS0zMzY3LmpwZWc.jpeg

9 hours ago, BFrank said:

I sure wish someone would re-issue the entire Muse catalog. So much great music is sitting in someone's vault gathering dust, when it should be out in the market. Would probably do very well in the Vinyl Community, too.

Yes, I agree 100%.  :tup

25 minutes ago, soulpope said:

ab67616d0000b27377c7d46b45da573c0ab20a17

Recorded October 1st , 1975 (but released 7 years later) .... featuring the rhythm backbone of the Joanne Brackeen`s Trio aka Clint Houston (b) + Billy Hart (dr) and sublime pianist Albert Dailey ....

A fantastic album!