Bass – Cecil McBee
Piano – Dom Salvador
Drums, Percussion – Portinho
Percussion, Vocals – Naná Vasconcelos
Vocals – Susan Osborn

Oh yes!  What a fabulous album

6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Sounds logical !

Just listened again to that 6CD set again recently. Very enjoyable and the sound is not bad at all. I'm tempted to get the similar Dexter Gordon set.

I have recently returned to the Dexter 6CD set and it sounds great to me. None of the hot RVG CD remastering. Would work better with Dexter’s ramblings on a separate CD. Also I find it maddening working out which session equates to which LP. I am inclined to get out a biro and deface the box!

1 hour ago, adh1907 said:

I have recently returned to the Dexter 6CD set and it sounds great to me. None of the hot RVG CD remastering. Would work better with Dexter’s ramblings on a separate CD. Also I find it maddening working out which session equates to which LP. I am inclined to get out a biro and deface the box!

Thanks for that - sounds good !  I have all of the Dexters on LP but these days I am getting lazy and spinning more CDs.

On 3/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, Rabshakeh said:

Firehouse Five Plus Two – At Disneyland

R-3088664-1377091566-4268.jpg.26243f1020659fa8c3a2c4b24d6430b1.jpg

Practicing in advance of the inevitable Gen Z-friendly tiktok-inspired Dixieland revival. 

This was intended as a joke, but I popped into Rough Trade today during an office fire drill to see the second hand racks (and I mean display racks, not the Sale boxes) full of Dixieland.

They'd obviously bought a job lot of old jazz from somewhere. The swing comps and west coast stuff (some quite significant records in the latter category) were stuck into the sale box, but the Dixieland went on the racks.

2 hours ago, rostasi said:

image.thumb.jpeg.bbc3b4af8ba6c06612e154cd5e39d244.jpeg

I think that's a fabulous release, admittedly after only one listen. The drumming on 'Africa' is almost worth the entry cost alone

44 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

This was intended as a joke, but I popped into Rough Trade today during an office fire drill to see the second hand racks (and I mean display racks, not the Sale boxes) full of Dixieland.

They'd obviously bought a job lot of old jazz from somewhere. The swing comps and west coast stuff (some quite significant records in the latter category) were stuck into the sale box, but the Dixieland went on the racks.

Rough Trade and Dixieland, not a pairing I'd ever imagined. Good use of fire drill time though, well done!