Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

715-vmTVuWL._SL1200_.jpg

A very bittersweet listen 45 years later. The optimism that virtually poured out of every second has proven to be, if not misplaced, definitely lost in today's reality. Also, geez, Stevie was a sappy SOB when he wanted to be, and at the time it didn't really matter (at least to me), because there was so much other stuff coming out of him. But that kinda stopped too after Secret Life. Seemed like the rejection of that one (unwarranted, imo) stung him and he pulled back a bit going forth.

Still, the punches that he does land are all knockouts, and today I find myself oddly (enough) drawn to the EP cut "Easy Going Evening". Didn't see that one coming!

Humanity is all but doomed, but for those of us who were alive when it's wasn't a foregone conclusion, it's nice to be reminded of what - maybe - could have been if we had made different collective decisions.

But we didn't.

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

715-vmTVuWL._SL1200_.jpg

A very bittersweet listen 45 years later. The optimism that virtually poured out of every second has proven to be, if not misplaced, definitely lost in today's reality. Also, geez, Stevie was a sappy SOB when he wanted to be, and at the time it didn't really matter (at least to me), because there was so much other stuff coming out of him. But that kinda stopped too after Secret Life. Seemed like the rejection of that one (unwarranted, imo) stung him and he pulled back a bit going forth.

Still, the punches that he does land are all knockouts, and today I find myself oddly (enough) drawn to the EP cut "Easy Going Evening". Didn't see that one coming!

Humanity is all but doomed, but for those of us who were alive when it's wasn't a foregone conclusion, it's nice to be reminded of what - maybe - could have been if we had made different collective decisions.

But we didn't.

Yeah, objectively the rot had already set in but we generally didn't know it yet or at least not fully and Stevie was a ray of sunshine.

He kept being interesting enough for a while, though.

"Just The Two Of Us" was/is "our song" for my wife and myself, but after we got married, "That Girl" became "my song" for her. But that was on a greatest hits type album, and the next thing I knew it was all Ebony & Ivory and I just called to say I love you, and I finally said, hell, if he don't care, I ain't gonna care either.

But damn, you know that feeling that good things are going to keep happening because so far they have been, that's a GOOD feeling