So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

20 hours ago, JSngry said:

MzY2Ny5qcGVn.jpeg  

First time listening in a few decades, and I like it as much now as ever, albeit for probably completely different reasons. 

Bruce Johnstone came to play. Hell, the whole band came to play. When people come to play, hell, that's all you can ask of them. How they do, that's their business. They're not gaming you, so enjoy the honest humanity in that 

I love this one. 

It's my favourite big band record with electric piano.

• Replies 79.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

ZWc.jpeg

Disc 2

I also heard some Mr. B from the time after the famous band, but my favourites always have been the Savoy stuff "Mr. B. and the Band" . From later albums I always missed that fantastic sound and arrangements. Like, when I heard "Billy and Sarah" and a friends place: Fantastic voices as always, but the band sounds more like a "show band" than a jazz big band. Like that Charlie Parker album with "Temptation" on it.....somehow like an early 50´s movie ....

But Mr. B. always was my favourite singer. I would have liked to do a gig with a good male singer here , but there are much more female singer students with the usual standard program. Would have been nice to play a bop gig with an Eckstine- or Kenny Hagood style singer. 

8 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

A1Y8lKw9fsL._AC_UY218_.jpg

:tup

Now playing:

R-9307098-1478328983-9666.jpeg.jpg

18 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I also heard some Mr. B from the time after the famous band, but my favourites always have been the Savoy stuff "Mr. B. and the Band" . From later albums I always missed that fantastic sound and arrangements. Like, when I heard "Billy and Sarah" and a friends place: Fantastic voices as always, but the band sounds more like a "show band" than a jazz big band. Like that Charlie Parker album with "Temptation" on it.....somehow like an early 50´s movie ....

But Mr. B. always was my favourite singer. I would have liked to do a gig with a good male singer here , but there are much more female singer students with the usual standard program. Would have been nice to play a bop gig with an Eckstine- or Kenny Hagood style singer. 

"Jelly Jelly" is a big favorite of mine.