Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, gmonahan said:

I first hear Rosolino on the original vinyl. Listening to the Fresh Sound reissue.

61DlDnRJ7OL._AC_UY218_.jpg

61aCQHhHeGL._AC_UY218_.jpg

good pressings those early vinyls from FSR

On 9/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, HutchFan said:

Now streaming:

NDYtMTIxMC5qcGVn.jpeg

Juhani Aaltonen, Esa Helasvuo, Teppo Hauta-aho, Edward Vesala - Jazz-Liisa 17: Live at Liisankatu Studios, Helsinki, 1973 (Svart)

some more jazz from Finland

46299870kv.jpg

46299877mf.jpg

Ahmad Jamal “The Complete Ahmad Jamal Trio Argo Sessions 1956-1962” discs V and V!

3bb8b8e566149f9acc11c42441d1698e3882be1c

The mastering on this set excels that of any LP or cd of this material I have had before. The dynamics that Jamal plays with so skillfully are presented as accurately as the dynamics on almost any other recordings I have. Lovely sound that breathes and swings.

Edited by jazzbo

Bob Dylan "LIve at Budokan" Sony Blu-Spec CD2, disc 1

Thie Budokan concerts expanded is the next deluxe Dylan set to come in October so I wanted to revisit this release which is certainly far from my favorite Dylan to see if I am interested in this expensive upcoming set.

Not really. I admit I like listening to this more than I have in the past because my system sounds os much better. . .but. . .what I have is enough. 

At-Budokan-CD2-cover.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

5 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Are any of these in particular ones that you'd recommend?

Re jazz from Finland

Most groups are a bit "far ou#" for my taste. I prefer the west coast sound. The UMO orchestra is very modern in my ears (all 3 I have) so I didnt continue these.

Have a few more small groups but will give them a spin first before I can recommend anything.

Thanks for you Interest.

4 hours ago, BillF said:

6a00e008dca1f0883401bb08e8633f970d-800wi

😁👍

5 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Bob Dylan "LIve at Budokan" Sony Blu-Spec CD2, disc 1

Thie Budokan concerts expanded is the next deluxe Dylan set to come in October so I wanted to revisit this release which is certainly far from my favorite Dylan to see if I am interested in this expensive upcoming set.

Not really. I admit I like listening to this more than I have in the past because my system sounds os much better. . .but. . .what I have is enough. 

At-Budokan-CD2-cover.jpg

Unless there is some revelation of profundities I have completely missed, I too will pass on the next installment of the bootleg series.

Unless there is some revelation of profundities I have completely missed, I too will pass on the next installment of the bootleg series.

Actually it's not the next installment of the Bootleg Series, but a Japanese brewed independent release adopted by Columbia/Sony for international release.

So, like the pack rat I am, I kept every "True Blue" catalog from Mosaic. I've decided to get rid of those, but I'm actually paging through them to see if there are any treasures I forgot to acquire at the time (a dangerous activity for my wallet, to be sure). I'm also seeing things I've had for a long time but haven't played in a while, like this one. Listening to disc 2.  BG may have had his problems as a leader and occasionally as a human being, but he was a great, great clarinetist, and he really loved the small groups.

71dbb5Cuu8L._AC_UY218_.jpg