Alice Coltrane, John Coltrane new releases

robert h.

Pretty sure that COSMIC MUSIC's made CD in Japan.

INFINITY was a posthumously released Trane session, and Alice overdubbed new rhythm section tracks and added strings. A questionalbe gambit at best...

Cool cover, though!

Edited by JSngry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questionalble gambit. . . yes. In my opinion it paid off! Depends how one feels about Alice's orchestrations.

In this case, I'd better know how I felt about them if I knew what they were replacing.

Oh well, at least we get to hear Charlie Haden playing w/Trane, even if it is in the same way that Kenny G played w/Louis Armstrong... :g:g:g

Pretty sure that COSMIC MUSIC's made CD in Japan.

It has. I got the CD in London maybe three years ago.

ubu

I dont think its available anymore.( I cannot find it on the web anywhere.)

I payed like 25£ for it! Crazy, but that the Coltrane record I was looking for forever, it seemed, and there it was, in the shelf of one of those terrible large cd stores, can't recall the name, but it was right in the centre of the city, maybe on Picadilly Circus?

If you get there, have a look, I found several of the very first VEE discs, there, too. They have each disc about 10 times standing there, so it takes a couple of years till they sell them, it seems.

ubu

Hey, and ten more to go - wonder what your new status will be!?!

Don't you know, after 6000 they start you over as a Newbie?

The system at least seems perplexed - he passed 6000 and is still Dr. Funkenstein. Nothing beyond that .... ?

Board moderatorsm, wake up, get out the champagne!

I mean. . . what CAN be beyond Dr. Funkenstien?

When maren makes it to 5000, will she become. . . well you know what I was going to ask!

The Gambler sez: Anybody who says "Nurse Funkenstein" gets a kick in the nads.

The Gentleman sez: As for "Bride of Dr. Funkenstein", I'd be honored, flattered, and not a little excited, but this doctor has been happily and loyally bridled, er, brided, er, MARRIED (whew!) for a good long while, thank you. But if there's ever a death in the family, God forbid, maybe we'll talk. :g:g

Alright, so sometimes the Gentleman and the Gambler get their wires crossed. but hey - it's the new millenium. Roles get blurred? It's progress I tell you, PROGRESS!!!!

The $24.15 one on Gemm is from Mundo in Japan. I bought a copy of Cosmic Music for about the same from a dealer in Japan via Gemm a couple of years ago. I think it was Mundo.

Took maybe 10 days to the UK.

Simon Weil

Thanks simon

Ive just purchased a copy- too good to resist with the current exchange rate (at least thats what I'd tell my wife :D )

I cant wait to hear more music from the master.

• 4 months later...

What's happening with the Half Note Impulse release? I can't find it on the CD Universe website--wasn't it slated for release next week? Any idea how many CDs it will be? The tree that's been circulating contains four.

So has this been postponed? I don't see anything on it at borders.com or cduniverse

What's happening with the Half Note Impulse release?  I can't find it on the CD Universe website--wasn't it slated for release next week?  Any idea how many CDs it will be?  The tree that's been circulating contains four.

So has this been postponed? I don't see anything on it at borders.com or cduniverse

It is no longer on the release schedule at Verve's web site ... :angry: