• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/16/2023 at 9:44 AM, jazzbo said:

13119031_10208257146802943_5623284438017580252_n

I remember playing records on a system just like this one.   I wish they never went out of style.  Grandma had a TV setup in a solid mahogany case with built in speakers on each side, that was equally awesome.

On 12/16/2023 at 12:17 AM, jazzbo said:

2119b157e76d75f328f2617566798e26fad290c5

You know that Indian girl, she wasn't an Indian she was the law

That pic of the girl reminds me of something from my youth. 

I was partying somewhere and an Austrian girl, who though she was original Austrian, looked very much like that girl on the pic, and she wanted to date me. But somehow, then and now, such strong eyebrows never was my thing. I don´t like pencil eybrows either, but more that classic feminine styling. 

But what I observe on beauty&fashion nowadays, this type of eyebrows and hair styling has  been en vogue since a few years. You even see blondes but what irritates me is too dark and too thick eyebrows, and long trousers as standard look. 

On that special occasion some 46 years ago, a middle aged American guy was sittin´at the bar and observed the scene and told me "you don´t know how lucky you are. She looks like an Indian girls  and in the States the most beautiful girls are them indian type lookin´ girls"
But I was more than reluctant and maybe just silly grinnin´ and sure must have had a few, since aged 18 I didn´t say no when alcoolic beer was around. 

About the bass fiddle. Yeah there are gals who play it, but when I was a kid and still to small, my aims was to play bass fiddle since I considered it the most masculine instrument. I really played bass for some years. 

3 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

That pic of the girl reminds me of something from my youth. 

I was partying somewhere and an Austrian girl, who though she was original Austrian, looked very much like that girl on the pic, and she wanted to date me. But somehow, then and now, such strong eyebrows never was my thing. I don´t like pencil eybrows either, but more that classic feminine styling. 

But what I observe on beauty&fashion nowadays, this type of eyebrows and hair styling has  been en vogue since a few years. You even see blondes but what irritates me is too dark and too thick eyebrows, and long trousers as standard look. 

On that special occasion some 46 years ago, a middle aged American guy was sittin´at the bar and observed the scene and told me "you don´t know how lucky you are. She looks like an Indian girls  and in the States the most beautiful girls are them indian type lookin´ girls"
But I was more than reluctant and maybe just silly grinnin´ and sure must have had a few, since aged 18 I didn´t say no when alcoolic beer was around. 

About the bass fiddle. Yeah there are gals who play it, but when I was a kid and still to small, my aims was to play bass fiddle since I considered it the most masculine instrument. I really played bass for some years. 

Her eyebrows certainly don't bother me--they seem more natural than many "plucked" eyebrows do.

My wife says I don't really have a type and that's true except that I prefer brunettes (and am married to a brunette who dyes her hair blonde because she hates the gray--I don't.) I think honestly as far as having someone who shares my life I look for a lovely voice. A woman is going to talk, and if you don't like her voice. . . well it's not a wonderful thing. "The one that got away," a woman of Mexican descent, has the most wonderful warm, silky voice, like a clarinet in the chalimeau region. . . I miss hearing that voice so much.