Post a pic

IMG-7131.jpg

on a hiking trip with my dad and brother in Scotland doing the Rob Roy Way. To all the Scotsmen on the board I’d like to say: what an amazing country you live in. The quietness, nature and space is breathtaking and is exactly what I miss in a densely populated country like the Netherlands.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/30/2024 at 1:55 PM, Pim said:

IMG-7131.jpg

on a hiking trip with my dad and brother in Scotland doing the Rob Roy Way. To all the Scotsmen on the board I’d like to say: what an amazing country you live in. The quietness, nature and space is breathtaking and is exactly what I miss in a densely populated country like the Netherlands.

This looks wonderful.  I'd love to do that hike - how long was it?

8 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

This looks wonderful.  I'd love to do that hike - how long was it?

The total is 124km. We did something like 20/25km a day. It’s amazing!

5 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

Who would've guessed the 2nd largest Hindu Temple in the world was in.... New Jersey?

Swaminarayan Akshardham, Robbinsville New Jersey

10 May 2024

MjAcqZh.jpeg

Impressive architecture .... 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:09 AM, JSngry said:

612mC-MWt1L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_

From what decade was this ? 40´s, 50´s ? Brew Moore had a crew cut. And Al Haig hat something like that in the lowest row right, the "Professional Contour", that´s how Al Haig had it if I look at it. 
"College Contour" looks a bit like Nazi look in my opinion......

On 5/12/2024 at 3:50 AM, rostasi said:

IMG_3913_optimized_100.webp.5f9c55b44caec9d1f3dd89bd649a34ce.webp

Scary, is that from Cernobîl ? 

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

👍 .... btw interesting there was no "Apartheid" @ Swaziland in the late 60's 🤔 ....

There NEVER was apartheid in Swaziland. The impetus of the creation of this school was anti-apartheid--it was originally built in the Republic of South Africa to enroll white and African students together, and was then banned and moved to Swaziland to be rebuilt in 1962. My family arrived the week that Swaziland gained its independence from the UK and we were the first American family to live there--my father was the first Director of their Peace Corps program.

Edited by jazzbo

25 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

There NEVER was apartheid in Swaziland. The impetus of the creation of this school was anti-apartheid--it was originally built in the Republic of South Africa to enroll white and African students together, and was then banned and moved to Swaziland to be rebuilt in 1962. My family arrived the week that Swaziland gained its independence from the UK and we were the first American family to live there--my father was the first Director of their Peace Corps program.

That must have been adventurous times .... thnx for sharing ....

1 minute ago, soulpope said:

That must have been adventurous times .... thnx for sharing ....

We had spent two years in Ethiopia prior to that, which was a wonderful experience as well. But the three years at Waterford Kamhlaba were perhaps the most important in my life. I was the only American at the school (my siblings were too young to attend) and there were African, English, Indian and Portuguese students from a number of African countries, and the only drawback was that there were only about 12 girls amid 120 or so male students. I had the best education of my life and the best cultural and social experience of my life--it shaped me in important ways.