When we're not here, what do we do for a living?

Guest Chaney

I manage a string of professional care givers who specialize in aiding lonely men (and occasional women).  It's a boring job, but you get to wear these really cool clothes and drive a Lincoln Town Car with these wildass wheels...

Sending you a PM. :winky:

I write checks....and things, and test my main Mac's graphic ability.

I amalso currently spending a few hours each day deciphering and translating into English Royal Danish slave tax ledgers for St. Croix - 1772-1780s. I enter the info into a database for eventual on-line availablility.

For the last 4 years, I have been doing purchasing for a hydraulic/industrial hose and fitting shop. Ho-hum...

On Monday, I will begin my new career with the Houston Fire Dept. I'll be attending EMT courses for the first 3 months and then working on an ambulance for the next 4-5 months as a "civilian trainee". After that, I'll be going to fire school for another 4 months.

Wish me luck, everyone! ;)

I work in a software support center. I get to listen to people whine to me, for eight hours per day, about their computer/software problems.

Sometimes I'm able to offer a solution. Sometimes I'm not. Yet, I have to find a nice way of getting the person at the other end of the telephone line to politely disconnect the telephone call before I do.

The job is so-so. The schedule/hours are good. The computer knowledge/education is great. The pay is acceptable (I can generally afford to save money in my 401k plan and buy a desired amount of Mosaics & RVGs). The medical/vacation benefits are excellent.

Edited by wesbed

I do chain-wide inventory management for Best Buy. I handle audio accessories, headphones, personal speakers, VHS/camcorder tape and phone accessories. I work pretty insane hours a lot of the time, but the job does have some nice perks - employee discount at Best Buy stores, lots of free samples (don't ask how many pairs of headphones I have :rolleyes: ), etc. I plan on going to graduate school in a few years and then staying as far away from retail as possible.