Does Chuck Nessa Have a Train Layout in His Basement?

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

My father was an O Scale collector. My grandkids have a small Lionel layout and I have a "shitload" (professional term) of boxes stacked in the basement waiting to be sold.

How did this query occur to you

Did your Dad have a layout, or did he just collect?  Also, were his O scale trains Lionel, or from other manufacturers?  Are all those boxes your Dad's stuff?

My cousin’s husband is a train enthusiast and he bought a duplex a few miles from their Tampa home to use the back half for his train set. It was very elaborate when we saw it a decade or more ago and he has since expanded the back apartment so he could expand his layout.

I sent him a CDR that I compiled with all sorts of train-themed songs and arrangements. Several Duke Ellington tracks, Meade Lux Lewis, Villa-Lobos and even ELP, among others.

41 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

I sent him a CDR that I compiled with all sorts of train-themed songs and arrangements. Several Duke Ellington tracks, Meade Lux Lewis, Villa-Lobos and even ELP, among others.

I always make collections of my beloved Happy Housewife genre for my train enthusiast friends!  This music reminds me of well-dressed passengers drinking old fashioneds in the observation car!  I'll post some examples!

9 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Epic fail.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You may have better luck selling your collection as individual pieces rather than in bulk.  Also, consider lower starting bids to generate interest.  We are model railroaders first; we can't also be expected to understand business.  And our mistakes are not failures if we learn from them.  I have full faith that you will turn this around!

14 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

Here is some examples of the kind of music I listen to with trains:

On 12/2/2012 at 0:43 AM, Teasing the Korean said:

Workaday World:

Edited by Teasing the Korean

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I still do not understand this bit.

I can't help what I dream.  I like jazz and model trains, so inevitably, the two may collide in dreams every now and then, although the image of colliding trains is one I prefer to avoid. 

Edited by Teasing the Korean