Capitol Records is 80 Years Old Today!

Teasing the Korean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Yeah, too little too late. Same thing with Zappa doing them.

In real time, I noticed a small but noticeable decrease in musicality from, say, Cream to Zep, and by the time Grand Funk came out of the musical rectum, the kids were NOT all right, the kids were more than willing to swallow that turd whole, over and over again.

I moved on with no regrets - and with no hesitancy. One of the better life choices I've made (not that there were all that many...).

Far worse bands came along after GFR. You dodged a bullet. Foreigner springs to mind...

44 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Yeah, too little too late. Same thing with Zappa doing them.

In real time, I noticed a small but noticeable decrease in musicality from, say, Cream to Zep, and by the time Grand Funk came out of the musical rectum, the kids were NOT all right, the kids were more than willing to swallow that turd whole, over and over again.

I moved on with no regrets - and with no hesitancy. One of the better life choices I've made (not that there were all that many...).

Iiiiiiiii'm getting clowoser to my howwwwwwme!  I actually enjoy their Terry Knight-produced stuff.  Mind you, I'm not saying it's good, but it hits a spot for me.  Don Brewer singing killed the deal for me, as did the open misogyny of "We're An American Band".

1 hour ago, felser said:

Iiiiiiiii'm getting clowoser to my howwwwwwme!  I actually enjoy their Terry Knight-produced stuff.  Mind you, I'm not saying it's good, but it hits a spot for me.  Don Brewer singing killed the deal for me, as did the open misogyny of "We're An American Band".

That song is the pits.

11 hours ago, JSngry said:

MerleTravisand_Guitar.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merle_Travis

just to know who he was. He was a huge influence within his realm.

Oh, I see it's I think a Gibson Super 400. The ultra archtop and the biggest one of them. That is from the prehistory of Gibson, when they were making mostly archtops,  that is jazz guitars, and the headstock was maybe still not as highly developed as further on when they became instantly recognizable. And thanks for the answers.