Brad Posted June 27 Posted June 27 Received the following email from Verve: ”FOUR WOMEN: THE NINA SIMONE COMPLETE RECORDINGS 1964-1967 brings together in their entirety all seven albums Nina Simone recorded for the Philips label during the most significant period of her long and distinguished career. Limited to a run of 2,500 units globally, FOUR WOMEN includes the following albums newly remastered and cut from the original analog tapes: Nina Simone in Concert (1964), Broadway-Blues-Ballads (1964), I Put A Spell On You (1965), Pastel Blues (1965), Let It All Out (1965), Wild Is the Wind (1966) and High Priestess of Soul (1967). The deluxe 7-LP box features beautifully packaged versions of all seven albums, an 18-page booklet with rare photos and liner notes by GRAMMY Award-winning music historian Ashley Kahn, and is housed in an elegantly designed faux-alligator hardcover slipcase. From the incendiary "Mississippi Goddam" to the heartbreaking "Lilac Wine" to the mini-epic that gives this collection its title, FOUR WOMEN: THE NINA SIMONE COMPLETE RECORDINGS 1964–1967 captures a uniquely powerful artist at her peak.” For some reason, only available in the US. Nina Simone Box Set Quote
tranemonk Posted June 27 Posted June 27 4 minutes ago, Brad said: Received the following email from Verve: ”FOUR WOMEN: THE NINA SIMONE COMPLETE RECORDINGS 1964-1967 brings together in their entirety all seven albums Nina Simone recorded for the Philips label during the most significant period of her long and distinguished career. Limited to a run of 2,500 units globally, FOUR WOMEN includes the following albums newly remastered and cut from the original analog tapes: Nina Simone in Concert (1964), Broadway-Blues-Ballads (1964), I Put A Spell On You (1965), Pastel Blues (1965), Let It All Out (1965), Wild Is the Wind (1966) and High Priestess of Soul (1967). The deluxe 7-LP box features beautifully packaged versions of all seven albums, an 18-page booklet with rare photos and liner notes by GRAMMY Award-winning music historian Ashley Kahn, and is housed in an elegantly designed faux-alligator hardcover slipcase. From the incendiary "Mississippi Goddam" to the heartbreaking "Lilac Wine" to the mini-epic that gives this collection its title, FOUR WOMEN: THE NINA SIMONE COMPLETE RECORDINGS 1964–1967 captures a uniquely powerful artist at her peak.” For some reason, only available in the US. Nina Simone Box Set So it's only LP? Didn't this set come out years ago on CD? Quote
Brad Posted June 27 Author Posted June 27 40 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said: 4 CD set from 2003 on my shelf. Good to know. Thanks. Quote
felser Posted June 27 Posted June 27 2 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said: 4 CD set from 2003 on my shelf. Mine too, great set Quote
ghost of miles Posted June 27 Posted June 27 Still have the 2003 set and will be content to stay with it, but good to see that this music is getting reissued again for those who haven't encountered it before. Quote
mikeweil Posted June 27 Posted June 27 The 2003 set was lovingly made, although they had decided to not include any vault material. The music is good, more focus than the Colpix albums before. Not to be underestimated. Quote
jazzbo Posted June 27 Posted June 27 I do too. I haven't listened to it in a long time. I want to like Nina more than I actually do. I like her earliest material best. Quote
felser Posted June 28 Posted June 28 6 hours ago, jazzbo said: I want to like Nina more than I actually do. I like her earliest material best. +1. I stop after the RCA stuff, which is hit or miss for me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.