How's the weather?

97 a few minutes ago. It's supposed to top out at 99. The humidity is down somewhat, probably lower/mid 60s which makes the heat bearable. I haven't turned on the ac yet. It's only about 84 in the house. When it hits 85+ I'll turn it on.

Edited by MoGrubb

• 1 month later...

Kinda wild. The tornado sirens sounded an hour or so ago, so I went outside to check the sky. The big storm was off to the north, rising from the treeline to partially obscure the Big Dipper. Occasional flashes of lightning lit up the entire cloud mass. To the south, the moon (and Venus) was being overtaken by another storm moving northeast. Directly above was a clear sky, replete with the Summer Triangle. A meteor streaked overhead. Wind seemed to be blowing almost due north, though I can't be sure of that.

The relative calm that prevailed then has ended, as I believe the southern storm has arrived. A scary-strong gust of wind just passed through.

Temps are warm.

So there you have it.

• 1 month later...

So did any of our board members from the northwest have any problems with the nasty superstorm out there?

My brother and sister-in-law live in English Hill in Redmond and have been very fortunate. There is flooding all around them, but their house is at the top of a hill and has withstood the storms well. Their already difficult commute into Seattle has been miserable, but it could be much worse for them.

Pretty wild in the south of England. Low cloud, strong winds, squally rain.

No kidding, John. Thought my roof was blowing off this morning at 4am - a bit worrying to say the least. :blink:

Same here. A lot of wind last night. The weather has been disgusting for the last two weeks. Pouring down and very windy.