Ebay craziness

Guest Chaney

See this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6&category=1056? What's with this bidder? First off, this is coming out in Japan in a couple of months but check the bid history. One person?? Was the reserve $150? This seller is crazy if that's what happened here.

Later,

Kevin

First bid was set at $9.99 and a single bidder was able to bid to the (apparent) $150 reserve price?

That is strange.

Looks like the winning bidder has been doing pretty well for himself of late selling LPs.

Look at his other items. I am tempted to believe it could be an error in the listing.

The seller's own explanation to the price:

Viewing questions 1-1 of 1 asked about this item.

1)  why is this $84? (07/15/2003)

My thought was to have an item that I could refer people to so they could then reference my other 800+ Jazz Cds by "Lister / Seller". Is there another way to do that? I am open to bids on the CD. Certainly no offense intended. John 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chaney

Hey, I think I might actually know the lucky buyer of that album--met him at a party last summer. He's a young bassist and a Cecil Taylor/William Parker freak. Tried to track him down for a gig in June and his number was disconnected.

I don't know who you're talking about and there's no way you can tie me in to his disappearance! If the police suspect foul play, they're crazy! I'm sure he'll turn up... some day. You're not gonna pin this one on me! I'm innocent I tell ya!

:unsure:

OH! Sorry. I misunderstood.

I hope your missing (and not, I repeat, NOT-at-all dead and pretty sure he'll ... :unsure:surface :unsure: ... some day) friend (bastard!) is enjoying his lucky find. Heh heh...

:w

re: the previous post.

What the hell album is this?? I looked up Duke Pearson on the AMG, and couldn't find this listed. Granted, I'm not up on every Pearson album ever released, but I figured I'd at least vaguely know what it was from the title and/or the cover. Images from the auction...

i-1.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

edit: Looks like it's just a retitled issue of this:

e41021q4lmw.jpg

Dedication! (1961 Prestige / OJC CD release in 2000)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Guest Chaney

This one qualifies for craziness...Last I checked, you can get a brand new one for $39.00 :wacko:  :wacko:

Randy Weston Mosaic Select

This lucky winner (heh heh!) took the set for $46.

Sad thing is, this newbie is now gunning for the Bennie Green Mosaic Select. He's the current high bidder at $36.

No the brightest bulb...

Four more days to go so he'll most likely find a way to drive the price higher. He also won the Woody Shaw Mosaic for $71.50.

:wacko: