Rooster_Ties

Finally, a WOODY SHAW thread...

237 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2020 at 3:03 PM, jazzbo said:

Why is that new? :)

Blue note’s email said it’s a new one only available as a download. 

I have Bemsha Swing on CD. Excellent.

Finally got a hold (well, it’s on its way) of a very reasonably-priced copy of the Complete Columbia Albums set.  I have the Mosaic and the Stepping Stone reissue, but really wanted the extra live tracks from those same Vanguard dates that Stepping Stone draws on.

Edited by ghost of miles

Well good. I hope it doesn't turn out to be cdrs. . . .

8 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Well good. I hope it doesn't turn out to be cdrs. . . .

Is BN known for selling CDRs?

1 hour ago, Misterioso said:

Is BN known for selling CDRs?

Yes, through Amazon.  Here's an example: https://www.amazon.com/Slice-Top-Hank-Mobley/dp/B000005H1D/

On the page, it states:

This title is manufactured "on demand" when ordered from Amazon.com, using recordable media as authorized by the rights holder. Powered by CreateSpace, this on-demand program makes thousands of titles available that were previously unavailable. For reissued products, packaging may differ from original artwork. Amazon.com’s standard return policy will apply.

1 hour ago, mjzee said:

Yes, through Amazon.  Here's an example: https://www.amazon.com/Slice-Top-Hank-Mobley/dp/B000005H1D/

On the page, it states:

This title is manufactured "on demand" when ordered from Amazon.com, using recordable media as authorized by the rights holder. Powered by CreateSpace, this on-demand program makes thousands of titles available that were previously unavailable. For reissued products, packaging may differ from original artwork. Amazon.com’s standard return policy will apply.

Thanks. No such text on the Bensha Swing page. I will update this thread when I receive my order.

I have received Blue Note cdr from amazon that weren't described as such, thus my hope that is not the case here.

Turned out to be a CD-R :angry: Lesson learned, I returned it to amazon.

3 hours ago, Misterioso said:

Turned out to be a CD-R :angry: Lesson learned, I returned it to amazon.

Sorry to hear. However, it seems to be available at Discogs at a price we all used to think was reasonable for a double CD in the old days. :)