Moderators

Aggie87

I'm already now planning a trip to Paris for next year and if you are around, perhaps we could sample some fine wines somewhere. That would be grand.

Volkher, you'll be more than welcome.

There are still plenty of good wines to taste.

And hopefully more Jazz in Paris releases by then!

Damn, I envy these Parisiennes, where did you get your classy charme?

Bordeax, Cotes du Rhone? :g

Bordeaux, it has to be. I have no choice.

I married a girl from Bordeaux. Our son is finishing his medical studies in Bordeaux and plans to settle there!

:P :P :P

I see, it will never works for me anymore, too many years of Chianti. :rolleyes:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And hopefully more Jazz in Paris releases by then!

I thought they officially announced the end of the series? (Or are you just talking of good offers of previous releases that you'll pick up for Volkher?)

The series is probably too good for the Universal. fr people to let it die. They did come up this week with a recycled 12CD big box.

And if Volkher shows up in Paris, I have saved one sample of the rare 10"LP disc from the series. Unless he already managed to find one, he'll get it

It happens that I had given thought for quite some time to distance myself from the forum. For various reasons but mainly because posting here is really taking too much time away from my other interests in life. This has to be taken as a compliment to the numerous qualities of the Board.

So by coincidence I was thinking of continuing here until the end of this year and then sort of disappear when Jim A. announced that he was giving up. This really meant the end for my association.

Glad to see that the decision has been overcome but let's face it, I won't be part of next year's activities. I'll probably be lurking in from time to time ande enjoy the posts from a distance.

I have lots of plans (personal, family, plus various passions) for the year 2008 and the following years and aim to concentrate on those.

The friends I have made here know where to reach me. Getting to know them (I'm thinking specially of Ubu, couw, EKE, Dmitry, Bertrand and so many others) has been the best reward of joining the Board and a tremendous privilege! I will be in touch with them when time comes.

I'll be VERY sad to see you go, Brownie. The amount of stuff you've put me on to over the past couple of years has been really important to me in many ways. And I've greatly appreciated your non-jazz side too.

But my good wishes go with you.

MG

It may sound overly dramatic but this forum just won't be the same without Brownie.

I can see your point of spending too much time just reading and posting on forums (it can get to be a haibt) - time that might be needed for other, more pressing things, but anyway: Please reconsider, if you will ...

Big Beat Steve, as I mentioned elsewhere this is not a sudden decision. I have thought about it for quite some time and plan to stick by it!

Life's too short and there too many things to do and enjoy beyond O.

You know how to reach me when I'bb be away from this place.

Hope to see you in Paris next time you travel this way!

but what are you gonna do Tom? that's a fair observation & one i made elsewhere, likening it to any long-term relationship. does this place have to b THEE place for everyone? i think not & it's the regional, emotional, stylistic differences that make it FUN. muting too much, or any, expression in the name of "civility" will drain this site waaaaaaaaaaaay faster than the defection of a few. it's trial by fire, sure, what the hell isn't? with rare exceptions, i've only ever seen obvious spammers get their balls or she-balls busted here-- where is "dancerchick" in all this anyway (or whoever claimed to work for "Fontana") but never heard of most of their records? come back, baby, all is forgiven! (edc declares.)

p/s: as others have noted, this is a VERY mild forum, all told. a few snoozefests might be free of all rancor but, again, read Miles/Quincy, Hampton Hawes, Art & Laurie Pepper & tell me this should be that (as a collaborative artistic construct).

I'm basically with you, as I say in the edit I added to my post while you were writing your last one. I appreciate civility and it's my natural mode, but you have to have some neurosis and weirdness and associated rough edges for a forum to really be interesting.

As a matter of fact, I think it's possible that I started frequenting Organissimo as much as JC only when Org. started sliding down the path of looser conversational morals. What everyone seems to be complaining about here now seems to be what many Org. posters don't like about JC--and are now producing themselves!

I think the real problem, not just here but anywhere these all-too-common message-board crises occur, is not the bickering and flaming, but the proportion of bickering and flaming. There are two ways to change that proportion: reduce bickering and flaming, or increase substantial discussion. One way to do the latter is to ignore flames, avoid long sequences of one-line silly exchanges, and just generally talk about other things than each other. Easier said than done, for all of us.

but what are you gonna do Tom? that's a fair observation & one i made elsewhere, likening it to any long-term relationship. does this place have to b THEE place for everyone? i think not & it's the regional, emotional, stylistic differences that make it FUN. muting too much, or any, expression in the name of "civility" will drain this site waaaaaaaaaaaay faster than the defection of a few. it's trial by fire, sure, what the hell isn't? with rare exceptions, i've only ever seen obvious spammers get their balls or she-balls busted here-- where is "dancerchick" in all this anyway (or whoever claimed to work for "Fontana") but never heard of most of their records? come back, baby, all is forgiven! (edc declares.)

p/s: as others have noted, this is a VERY mild forum, all told. a few snoozefests might be free of all rancor but, again, read Miles/Quincy, Hampton Hawes, Art & Laurie Pepper & tell me this should be that (as a collaborative artistic construct).

:tup

I do not think the board is "sick", but I do recognize a problematic undercurrent.

I think the moderators should be given a handle to act quickly and directly to discipline those members being part of that undercurrent, with the prospect of being banned immediately in case they prove stubborn.

Do you really think 2 or 3 will be enough? The classical forum I'm in has more than a dozen, but on other hand the topics are many and rather specialized.

I don't know what's going on, but I can't "View New Posts" or use "Today's Active Topics" at the moment. Can one of the moderators check that out? :P

And there are "276 user(s) active in the past 5 minutes". That's ALOT!

Edited by Aggie87

(...)

As for brownie: you know how much I owe you and how much I enjoyed my trip in October - I will certainly not be out of touch even if you'd leave the board for good!

Though I understand brownie's feelings on dedicating too much time to this board, I'm also one of those who think that the Big O won't be the same without him.

Anyway, we'll stay in touch, of course! Count me in for additional (and hopefully regular) trips to Paris. Seeking through those second hand jazz stores with you and enjoying a wonderful meal and a marvellous bottle of French wine at your place is one of the greatest pleasures of travelling to Paris.

Ah, and if you reconsider avoiding Madrid in your trips to Spain.... there's a Muga Reserva Special of 1994 vintage waiting for you in my modest cellar!

:rolleyes:

Best regards,

Agustín

(...)

As for brownie: you know how much I owe you and how much I enjoyed my trip in October - I will certainly not be out of touch even if you'd leave the board for good!

Though I understand brownie's feelings on dedicating too much time to this board, I'm also one of those who think that the Big O won't be the same without him.

Anyway, we'll stay in touch, of course! Count me in for additional (and hopefully regular) trips to Paris. Seeking through those second hand jazz stores with you and enjoying a wonderful meal and a marvellous bottle of French wine at your place is one of the greatest pleasures of travelling to Paris.

Ah, and if you reconsider avoiding Madrid in your trips to Spain.... there's a Muga Reserva Special of 1994 vintage waiting for you in my modest cellar!

Best regards,

Agustín

Well, if Brownie didn't come, I'd consider that bottle! :excited:

I suspect Catesta are typing the same comment. :ph34r:

(...)

Best regards,

Agustín

Well, if Brownie didn't come, I'd consider that bottle! :excited:

I suspect Catesta are typing the same comment. :ph34r:

D'oh! :ph34r:

well, it's kinda like that note they found that confirmed that the Jews had killed Jesus:

"we did it. We killed him - we killed him because

he wouldn't become a doctor.

-Murray"

Allen, I still find it hard to believe that you were at the heart of a recent spat. You obviously have a great sense of humor and tend not to take matters here too seriously. You'e a genuinely funny guy... and not just because of how you dress.

thanks, RDK, I think I am somewhat nice but maybe over-sensitive sometimes -

and I think we should keep the CLEM in Clementine -

as for "where is dancerchick in all this anyway?" well, that's a long story; suffice to say she maxed out my credit cards, stole my dog, and ran off with her pimp to St. Louis (last I heard) -

thanks, RDK, I think I am somewhat nice but maybe over-sensitive sometimes -

and I think we should keep the CLEM in Clementine -

as for "where is dancerchick in all this anyway?" well, that's a long story; suffice to say she maxed out my credit cards, stole my dog, and ran off with her pimp to St. Louis (last I heard) -

Ahh, Dancerchick, we hardly knew ye. Well apparently Allen did.

and as part of my 12 step reform program, I want to apologize to Jazzmoose for taking things a little too far recently- I need to be less sensitive, and in my old age I'm prone to over-reacting to things that to me (and only to me) say "you are becoming old and irrelevant" - baggage that no none else needs to bear besides myself -

Shit. Does this mean I have to grow up? :angry:

I apologize as well; I shouldn't have called you a boob. Or any other anatomy part. But believe me, I never intended it to say anything about you becoming old and irrelevant, although you're certainly welcome to join us in the club...