Are there any box bargains currently available?

So, can an mp3 download be considered a "boxset"? Do you get notes with these?

Not to me. Personally I would appreciate it if postings in this thread could be limited to physical product, perhaps a separate thread could be created for download bargains for those interested.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazon UK is currently selling the Lacy & Konitz Soul Note box sets for £15.99

for those overseas once VAT is removed that takes it down to just under £13

Great bargain for those in Australia/NZ as shipping is free so these sets are currently costing just under 20 Australian $'s

I used to pay way over that (Aus$22-30) for a single SN/BS CD

How times have changed

Edited by romualdo

Weird to see limited edition box sets. . . sold in MP3 format by ohter than Moaaic. Is this Juno Records legitimate? The Turrentine surprised me, seemingly legitimate.

This is probably up to EMI, who licensed the masters to Mosaic. The Complete Nat King Cole is also available in mp3 at Amazon (and can be listened to on Spotify).

F

Actually, I'm considering subscribing to emusic. That Boswell set is a great bargain and they have a bunch of Tumbao Classics albums that I'd love to have but wont pay the going price of 17 bucks for.

Be careful to check the e-music price. In the UK they charge by the track so this comes out at a whopping £45. It's half that price as a CD set on Amazon.

I tend to find e-music excellent value for normal length albums. But when it comes to historic collections with 25 tracks on a disc it becomes much more expensive than other download or physical options.

The US e-music might have a saner way of pricing.

SecondSpin.com is offering another promotional code (SS4JULY) for 30% off a purchase of $30.00 or more that is good through today (July 3rd) only. Noteworthy items presently in inventory include:

Joe Henderson - Milestone Years (8-disc set) - $16.99 (three in stock)

Sonny Rollins - The Freelance Years (Complete Contemporary & Riverside Recordings; 5-disc set) - $23.99 (one in stock)

Debut Records Story (4-disc set) - $7.99 (six in stock)

Prestige Records Story (4-disc set) - $13.99 (two in stock)

Riverside Records Story (4-disc set) - $11.99 (two in stock)

Howls, Raps & Roars (4-disc set) - $7.99 (seven in stock)