NFL 2012

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.........guessing that 'godel'(sic) had his wings clipped. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Naw, Roger (Kurt?) just does what the owners tell him to...no "undecidability" about it. Settlement must have been approved by a poll of owners.

the annual nfl owner meeting is mid october--i really was not expecting a settlement until then

I don't think you realize in in the long term the NFL actually won with being able to get rid of the bad referees, which was really the main sticking point for the refs...and can put new refs on a 401(k) instead of the excellent package they current ones have....and the "union" rolled over for a bit more money and those who already are refs can keep their current benefits. Those in the future won't get anything close to the same now. What NFL will have to pay more in salary they more than make up on the future benefits of new refs.

The "Union" could have really given it to the NFL....especially since none of them were really unemployed, or hurting. They had the NFL by the jugular after the Monday Night Game....they rolled over on some current refs and the future refs.

I still have to laugh at people calling them "Union Workers" or uses "Scabs" to the others over people who are now going to average $173,000 for their second job as if they're coal miners and real "Union Workers".

It's somewhat along the lines of being able to fire incompetent tenured teachers...and you don't have to give the new teachers the same benefits. Yeah, the "Union" won this.

Edited by Blue Train

standard union negotiations--take care of yourself and f--k the new guys. works every time. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

They're not really taking care of their own since some of them will be unemployed. There isn't any word on what amount or percentage can be fired. Like I said before they basically could have had this deal a long time ago but rolled over when they had the NFL by the jugular after this weekends games and especially MNF game. It really makes no sense from a "union" point of view.

The NFL looked bad (but you no one will remember it by the end of the year, if not in a few years.) but really won....just like they did against the players.

Edited by Blue Train

standard union negotiations--take care of yourself and f--k the new guys. works every time. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

They're not really taking care of their own since some of them will be unemployed. There isn't any word on what amount or percentage can be fired. Like I said before they basically could have had this deal a long time ago but rolled over when they had the NFL by the jugular after this weekends games and especially MNF game. It really makes no sense from a "union" point of view.

The NFL looked bad (but you no one will remember it by the end of the year, if not in a few years.) but really won....just like they did against the players.

very good assessment-the nfl kicked the players' asses.

The Mayo Clinic released a statistic saying 50% of athletes playing collision sports have concussion symptoms but only 10% report them.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

not pro, but bigtime football----

1045am: Ohio State QB Cardale Jones tweeted on Friday: "Why should we have to go to class to if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS"

note from a friend, chet---Aloc i have a dirty secret for the NCAA. pretty much all the kids feel like that