Jim Alfredson

New DONATE button

88 posts in this topic

Done.  Thanks for the reminder, and for all you do.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:14 PM, Jim Alfredson said:

Your friendly reminder. :)

How are we doing on donations?  The board auto-widget suggests we need another $850 or so just to get even with 2020 board expenses (to say nothing of 2021).

I leveraged a $200 donation to the board last month (I gave a board member 9 fairly minty OOP Masada CD's, vols 2-10 -- all of the series he was lacking -- in exchange for his gracious donation of $200 to the care/feeding/maintenance of the board).

And how are you doing, Jim?  You've only posted twice since March, and I often hope you and your lovely family are doing well / are safe and sound.  Many thanks for all you do around here, keeping the lights going and all.  I'm sure I'm alone in saying how much we appreciate it!!  Stay safe, and thanks again!

On 23.11.2020 at 9:40 PM, Rooster_Ties said:

How are we doing on donations?  The board auto-widget suggests we need another $850 or so just to get even with 2020 board expenses (to say nothing of 2021).

I leveraged a $200 donation to the board last month (I gave a board member 9 fairly minty OOP Masada CD's, vols 2-10 -- all of the series he was lacking -- in exchange for his gracious donation of $200 to the care/feeding/maintenance of the board).

And how are you doing, Jim?  You've only posted twice since March, and I often hope you and your lovely family are doing well / are safe and sound.  Many thanks for all you do around here, keeping the lights going and all.  I'm sure I'm alone in saying how much we appreciate it!!  Stay safe, and thanks again!

Thnx for the reminder, done ....

New donate goal is set. Sorry for the server downtime. I had forgot to pay the server for the month.

Donation sent to your Lansing address.

When I use the Donate Button, PayPal wants to deduct money as if you are a business.

21 hours ago, GA Russell said:

When I use the Donate Button, PayPal wants to deduct money as if you are a business.

It's probably due to that plugin. If you want to go direct, you can PayPal b3groover@hotmail.com. Thanks!

I am having a problem trying to make a donation. When I hit the donate button and put in the amount, I receive a message that $1. is the minimum donation even though my donation was well above that amount. Stared over and tried a few times times and received the same message each time.

It seems that making a donation is not user friendly.

Also I would prefer to just donate via my credit card as I did once before. It does not seem set up to allow me to do that anymore?

Looks like the button only allows for PayPay or offline payment (mailing address for check is provided).

I just made a token donation thru the button as a test and had no issue. Might be a browser thing?

I seem to recall a problem based on how the dollar amount is entered.  I think if you want to donate $50, just enter 50...no dollar sign, and not 50.00.

54 minutes ago, mjzee said:

I seem to recall a problem based on how the dollar amount is entered.  I think if you want to donate $50, just enter 50...no dollar sign, and not 50.00.

Decimal is not a problem, or wasn't for me. $ might be. Didn't try that. But that makes sense, $ is not a number.

That donate button simply accepts dollars only, and no cents! :)

Noncents!