GregK

How's the weather?

3,359 posts in this topic

Warm and breezy, which means PG&E has shut our power off again! 

18C low humidity and unbroken blue sky.

Beautiful weather and the best time to visit Tokyo.

Nice autumn day - 60 & sunny.

The temperature will come down from 107, to all of 103 today. I'm sure I will notice on the second floor of where I live, with no a/c. I'm melting!

Posted (edited)

Hot, 104, and now the added bonus of fires. True story: My secretary had his home burn down during the fires a couple of years ago. Yesterday, he's driving to his home, police & fire department have the roads closed -- fires are moving toward his newly built home. *Sigh*

Edited by Matthew

Posted (edited)

We are having a welcome downpour and release of humidity after an uncomfortable hot week with sporadic lightning storms and flash deluges. Much more comfortable !

Definite hint of early Autumn in the air.

Edited by sidewinder

14 hours ago, Matthew said:

Hot, 104, and now the added bonus of fires. True story: My secretary had his home burn down during the fires a couple of years ago. Yesterday, he's driving to his home, police & fire department have the roads closed -- fires are moving toward his newly built home. *Sigh*

We had to call back a crew this morning that was heading to northern CA. 

Posted (edited)

Smoky - from forest fires in Colorado & In the mountains around here. No structures threatened. At least around here.

Edited by jlhoots

Dang! Two water planes and three helicopters within two miles. We expect to be told to evacuate any minute now. Send up good thoughts!

Actually looks like they're getting it contained. Hopefully, we won’t have to get out. 

16 hours ago, Matthew said:

Actually looks like they're getting it contained. Hopefully, we won’t have to get out. 

:tup

Unbelievably stupid hot! 111 yesterday, cooled off to 109 today... AND the house I live in has no air conditioning, it's miserable!

Beautiful day in Southern Maine. Temps in the mid-to-upper 70s with a nice little breeze.

The fires are causing extremely smoky skies today in Napa and the Bay Area

An orange, 'Martian' sky hangs over Napa. Here's why | Local News |  napavalleyregister.com

An orange, 'Martian' sky hangs over Napa. Here's why | Local News |  napavalleyregister.com

Edited by Matthew

Snowed last night. High temp. today is 45. Back to 80 by the weekend.

Continued hot and shitty.  97 today complicated by the smoke that's accumulating from several significant fires in and around the Willamette Valley.  Thank God for air conditioning.

Really bad air here in the SF Bay Area.

ironically the day with the “orange sky” and darkness at noonthat generated all those headlines was the last time it was safe-ish to breath outdoor air.

Hazardous air quality today.  Smoke from multiple forest fires is trapped at ground level.  We're supposed to get some rain this week.  That would be invaluable on multiple fronts.  It's pretty weird in these parts right now.

Edited by Dave James

Unbelievably bad air here in Portland.  And the smoke has been keeping it much cooler than it would otherwise be.  And someone has been arrested for arson in the Southern part of the State where two town burnt down, so the political climate may get even uglier too.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:54 PM, Guy Berger said:

Really bad air here in the SF Bay Area.

ironically the day with the “orange sky” and darkness at noonthat generated all those headlines was the last time it was safe-ish to breath outdoor air.

Yes. Ironic for sure. I'd take the orange sky over the toxic air we have now. I hope it blows away soon!

Pic from Wednesday around 10am
Image may contain: sky, night, tree, cloud and outdoor

Today it looked better than it was. The AQI was about 150-160, which is moderately bad. We need to cut that by 1/3 at least!

Glorious late Summer day yesterday, sort of like Isle of Wight 1970. More to come today.

Edited by sidewinder

Finally got past the smoke week from hell. AQI <10 all day today which is about as low as it will ever get.