• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen numerous mention that the Tempo label master tapes were destroyed (during the 1970s? - I think Simon Spillett has posted elsewhere about this) so however they have re-created these LPs they did a stunningly good job.

Must have missed this.

Peter Brotzmann "Machine Gun" (1st FMP reissue with BRO label stamps, Germany)

Never seen the FMP with BRO stamps. Please to scan?

Sorry; the label looks like your standard early 70s FMP black text on white but what I meant was the runout groove has the "BRO" label etched in.

Ah I see, so they used the BRO stampers.

Huh - just looked at mine, which is an 80s pressing, and it is the same as what you describe. ST – BRÖ 2 – A / B

Hmm..I recall reading somewhere that later issues had an FMP matrix. Or maybe the seller who sold me my copy years ago told me ;)

I'll pull my copy out again tomorrow and see if it matches yours exactly...

The FMP label is a bit of a mystery to me as far as pressings go...my "balls" album had the "200 copies" note on the back but I'm not sure if that is true?

Also I've owned 3 different versions of Peter Kowald's quintet album on the label. One had a red border on the cover which I presumed was the latest issue, the other had a black on white cover with a little handmade touch(a sticker on one of the art squares), and the last copy(which is the one I kept) is also a black on white cover with a sticker as well on that same art square, however, this copy is definitely screen printed where as the other black on white was a regular mass produced type cover...

Hmm..I recall reading somewhere that later issues had an FMP matrix. Or maybe the seller who sold me my copy years ago told me ;)

I'll pull my copy out again tomorrow and see if it matches yours exactly...

The FMP label is a bit of a mystery to me as far as pressings go...my "balls" album had the "200 copies" note on the back but I'm not sure if that is true?

Also I've owned 3 different versions of Peter Kowald's quintet album on the label. One had a red border on the cover which I presumed was the latest issue, the other had a black on white cover with a little handmade touch(a sticker on one of the art squares), and the last copy(which is the one I kept) is also a black on white cover with a sticker as well on that same art square, however, this copy is definitely screen printed where as the other black on white was a regular mass produced type cover...

Yeah, that sounds about right on the Kowald. I still only have the red border version, but it was cheap and the wax is clean, so I never bothered to "upgrade."